How’s Your Day April 2020

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Happy April (or healthy at least.)

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She was able to celebrate by getting a nice meal delivered from one of the finer restaurants in her area. Glad she was able to do something enjoyable.

Today, I got some exercise in the stationary bike, after spending the morning sewing. I am making some masks to donate.

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Semi productive day at work (someone wanted to have an extra meeting).
    Temps got into the high 50’s and sunny so I cleaned up the yard a bit after dinner.
    All of a sudden the weeds have woken up so I put a couple gallons of vinegar in the pump sprayer and doused them good.
    A few minutes of quiet and then it’s time for Mr. Sandman.

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks Sara for getting this one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Sara-s likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Well now, you can’t expect me to let you miss World Penguin Day!

Paul Turner and richgem like this.
  5. richgem

I think I'm going to have to lose some weight before the swimsuit contest.:(

wristwatchb, Sara-s and brit like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What will you be doing for the talent competition?

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Burgess Meredith would turn in his grave (waa waa waa)

richgem likes this.
  8. richgem

Can't go wrong with a little Sinatra, right?
    [​IMG]

wristwatchb, Paul Turner and Sara-s like this.
  9. John Beeman

Short day at work yesterday so I went for a nice bike ride and then spent the afternoon and early evening working in the yard.
    Some raking and putting mulch around trees, burning accumulated scrap wood, and pulling weeds. Then I got the hose out and blew the moss out from all the cracks between the patio blocks. Swept in sand till I ran out.
    Today I put down lime on the yard and fertilizer on the plants. A light rain started mid morning that should soak everything in.
    Went grocery shopping and then picked up more sand and mulch.
    A buddy is coming over this afternoon to help with some dirt hauling and adding a gutter to the garage. Hopefully we’ll be able to get the patio ready and furniture out.

Intrigued likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Today would have been my mom's 92 birthday, so in honor of mom we have lemon meringue pie for dessert.
    Our AT&T Wifi Gateway modem stopped working yesterday, won't have a replacement until Tuesday. My grandkids are climbing the walls!
    This is priceless CoronaVirus entertainment. :D

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@RaZorBurn123 that’s a nice tribute to your mom.
    I spent a good part of the day sewing masks. Some will be for me, my hubby & mo mom. Others will be donated. Once I get more material for straps, I will make some more. Right now my hands are tired & need some rest.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I did a few chores around the apt. that my cleaning lady and her recent "team" do. Did a trash run, too. Got in some exercise-one lap around our large driveway(walking). I used to be able to do 3, but then I got older.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    brit likes this.
  13. richgem

Made pasta from scratch for the first time. Had it with red sauce and a nice montepulciano.

Attach22392_20200405_170835.jpg

14. richgem

Followed up on the pasta front with my first time making ravioli. They're not pretty, but they'll get the job done. Italian sausage w/ spicy pesto for the filling. No cheese.

Is it bad that I haven't shaved since last Thursday?

wristwatchb, Shaver X and Intrigued like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Stressful day today. The roofers came to start the work on our roof (which was leaking). I’m glad they were here as the work needs doing, but it’s awfully noisy Also, I needed to get to the post office and it was just about impossible to leave the house. There was lost of equipment & debris by the front door, which is the only door.

Then, when I wanted to do some sewing, my machine decided to malfunction. I called the company & got a moron. I called the shop where I got it; there I got some help. But the machine needs a repair (still under warranty) and there’s no open repair shops.

BigMike likes this.
  16. John Beeman

I was going to write about what a nice day I had but I don’t think this would be a good time for that.

17. richgem

Saw this one online today: "I've been exposed to so much soap and sanitizer lately, that I can clean the toilet just by taking a pee."

BigMike likes this.
  18. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I feel your pain on the roof. I had mine redone about six months ago. Dirt, noisy, expensive, and when you're done all you have is a roof again.

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The good news is that my home is a condo, and the roof repair is the condo association's responsibility. The bedroom ceiling has some water spots, which are mine to deal with , but it beats having to pay for a new roof.

wristwatchb and BigMike like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Some more news;
    1) I found a sewing store that is open and does warranty repairs on Brother sewing machines. (As long as you wear a mask, you can even come inside to shop.) What a pleasure to be able to browse!
    2) While I was there, found a used Brother machine (smaller, but with enough features I like, to be a good backup/portable) in what they call their “adoption room”.
    3) Today I was able to sell off my Singer (which had been my portable) through the letgo app. I still have one more “starter” that I no longer use, also listed there. I only listed them less than a week ago, so I’m not worried. Apparently, sewing machines are selling like hot cakes these days.

wristwatchb, Intrigued and richgem like this.