How’s your day? August 2021

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 1, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Hope everyone had a great first day of August!

My day was chill. Quiet. Watched the new documentary on Netflix about the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion. Found myself welling up with tears a couple of times. It's really so odd we don't remember and reflect and memorialize on the Challenger and Columbia shuttle disasters the way we do some other disasters. I'm guilty of it myself so today I made it a point to add both to my Google calendar as annual reminder notifications on my phone and Google Nest Hub.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm spending today "preparing" for my Jury Duty tomorrow(money for parking, lunches). Course I may be informed today that I don't need to come in, or tomorrow at the court that I won't be needed for a trial. Then I will have prepared for nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.

PanChango and IAmTheJody like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

Uhg. I've been called for jury duty twice. Showed up, sat there for a couple of hours during selection and did not get picked for either trial. A week later, got a check in the mail for $20 each time. $10 an hour for doing nothing but showing up. lol

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what I hope happens to me-show up in the morning, be excused from duty, and home for lunch. In Washington DC I DID get picked. This will be my 4th, including DC.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

In New Jersey it's $5 for the day - covers parking.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I just learned that prior to 1925 cultivated button mushrooms were brown.

special sauce

IAmTheJody and brit like this.
  7. IAmTheJody

Dale! Random and I like it! lol I love mushrooms and cook with them very very often. They make a great filler. I always add a can or small basket, depending on what I have, too all kinds of dishes from my spaghetti sauce to my green beans, doctoring up Hamburger Helper, sauteing for steaks, etc.

PanChango likes this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am okay, but I will get over it.

IAmTheJody and PanChango like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am spending the day building arrows- to explain, I get the arrow shafts cut to the right length. Then I add the points & vanes that I like. In between-while glue is drying, I re-sorted my arrows & my husband’s into 2 separate cases. They are not the same length, so it does matter.

He’s taller, but I have a longer draw.

After sorting the arrows, I took a paint pen & marked each arrow case with our respective initials.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Edison Carter, Hembree and richgem like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have got to share a cute story & some family pics today.

Yesterday evening, I got a nice surprise- a text from my oldest niece, with some cute pics of her kids, using things I have made for them. Here is her son Max, now about 2. He has rediscovered the dinosaur blanket & pillow I made him when he was born;
    FD30F66E-DACA-4314-9A37-27BE22FED978.jpeg

Her daughter Talia (we call her Tali) lost her first tooth recently. She proudly used the Tooth fairy pillow I made her. In fact the tooth was loose when they were leaving for a vacation, so she took it with her, to be ready for the Tooth Fairy. Smart kid!
    97B51A9A-CCD2-48C7-BF22-12C74A53F0AB.jpeg

It's nice when people appreciate handmade gifts.

MoAllen, twhite, IAmTheJody and 2 others like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

That's fantastic and cute kiddos! :angelic013:

Sara-s likes this.