How’s your day? December 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Dec 5, 2018.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Probably. ;)

Frijolero likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I saw Anne Murray a few years ago....She put on a great show. Helen Reddy doing "Snowbird".......I can't see it.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and Frijolero like this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

The real Ann Murray? Or...
    blm831102.gif

AGHisBBS, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Mid year review, boss wants me on board for next year. Drive sucks but beats the alternative.

brit, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Spending the day making holiday candles. They’re scented soy wax candles, mostly to be given as little gifts. The house always smells so good on candle day.

AGHisBBS, richgem and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I sent out the last of my charity donations-now to get to work on holiday cards(well, I got 2 done already).

brit, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  7. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

A first for me: IMG_20181217_143608.jpg

brit, gorgo2, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  8. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I am doing great. I always do great. The Good Lord has blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine. I hope everyone else is doing fantastic and every day become more and more successful.

9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Found out today that my company is no longer going to be sold!!!!!!!!!
    This is actually what I wanted to happen, it would have gone to a holding company and then managed from a dollar cost perspective, and doing it that way doesn't work in my line of work .
    The costs would have gone up, and the quality would have gone down, as well as hand cuffing my ability to doy job as well as I do.
    On an unrelated note, we are having BBQ chicken for supper tonight!

brit, Shaver X, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I took out the electric melter to make a batch of MP soap for the hubby, earlier. A few minutes after turning it on, I heard an odd sound. When I went into the kitchen, I discovered that the spigot had been left open & there was soap all over the floor.

I have spent much of the afternoon cleaning it up. I have no idea how that spigot was left in the open position, as I do not recall leaving it that way and it is certainly not a habit. So for now, until presented with evidence to the contrary, I am blaming my husband for it.

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I'm in a Target store today looking for cards and a few stocking stuffers and I was over by the shaving products aisle because I needed some hair conditioner. I didn't need any shaving stuff but cruised the aisle anyways.
    A woman was looking at the men's shave products and turned to me and asked me about them "since you're a guy".

Of all the people in the store she could have asked about shaving products...

Anyhow, I answered her questions and made a couple of suggestions and only gave her a 47 minute "history of shaving products" talk.

brit, burnout961, Shaver X and 4 others like this.
  12. richgem

Or possibly the minions....

13. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Maybe you followed the recipe for MT soap by mistake.

MT (em-tee) . Get it?

Aww - never mind.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

LOL! Thankfully, I got to the kitchen before the pot was empty. It wasn't really that much soap, but it still covered about 6 square feet of my floor.

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  15. ordinaryshaver

Gonna have a good day today! Getting off a bit early to celebrate SWMBO birthday this evening. Gonna get a nice juicy steak and enjoy time with the family.

brit, Intrigued, Bird Lives and 3 others like this.
  16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The last day before the Christmas break, so an especially good Friday.

Who are they?

Acquisitions are bad for the employees - layoffs, often benefit reductions, and a clash of corporate cultures (aka WW III office edition). I have been through two acquisitions, and the they failed spectacularly both times.

brit likes this.
  17. richgem

@Erik Redd ... did no one ever teach you that it's rude to stare?

[​IMG]

18. brit

brit in a box

had a great time with my son today, halibut and chips for lunch..

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday was enjoyable. In the morning, I dropped by the range to give the archery instructors some small gifts (handmade scented Christmas candles). While I was there, I helped get the lessons, which are given every Saturday, started. Later in the day, the hubby & I came back to do some shooting.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  20. ordinaryshaver

Got up this morning extra early because Dog wanted to go outside and bark at a leaf that was blowing in the back yard. Once I did that, came back in, had 2 cups of Community Coffee breakfast blend. Got in a great 3 pass shave. Went to church with SWMBO and then we went to lunch with MIL and nephew. Now its just back home and get laundry done for the week. Tonight we will go over to MIL house and finish wrapping presents for the little ones. Should be a good day!

AGHisBBS and brit like this.