How’s your day? December 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Dec 5, 2018.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Went out for an early dinner tonight to a pub-type restaurant a few towns over. I ordered their burger w/ bacon and an egg and specified no cheese (I'm lactose intolerant). The burger arrives with cheese. No problem. It happens. So, I tell the waitress and she's very apologetic. Then goes into the open kitchen area to literally scream at the food people. She comes back and asks me if "no cheese" was just a preference or due to an allergy. I told her an allergy. I bit my tongue at the follow up which would have been, "What difference does it make? It didn't come the way I requested." I found the question a little off putting from a service point of view, to be honest. But, as I think about it, the kitchen was probably trying to get away with just scraping the cheese off and giving it back to me.

We finish our entrees and by now the pub is about 1/2 full not counting the bar area. Magically, the check appears with no one having asked for it. I said, loud enough for her to hear... "Well, guys, I guess we're not getting dessert or coffee tonight." Waitress overhears and then asks if we want to see a dessert menu. To a man, everyone declines, except for one who wants decaf coffee. Just to make a point.

The food was good, but some serious service issues to work out before I'll be going back.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Frijolero, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You've got to let them know you're interested

Intrigued, AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

You should have ordered cheesecake for dessert...

Frijolero, Intrigued and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. richgem

:bounce015:

Intrigued likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

OK, since you’re lactose intolerant, how are you the “Czar of Cheddar”?

Intrigued and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

88434833-CDD8-4A34-97DC-1C02B31B9F03.jpeg

Paul Turner, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  7. richgem

Long story involving a coup d'etat going back to my days on a different shaving board and a heavy dose of irony.

Sara-s, Intrigued and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Alot of that going around , these days, it seems...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had a fun day. I took a beginner machine-sewing class. The teacher was great & the other students were nice. I made a pillow.
    D6B77534-AF07-4071-9E05-B4B898711479.jpeg 0D19630C-920A-4BF4-A43F-195FA866EF01.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    AGHisBBS, Intrigued and Frijolero like this.
  10. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

This was how I spent my day. Seems those offices don't like us guys too much. I couldn't find a decent magazine to read at all (sarcasm)
    We actually had a scare, baby's heart rate was VERY low. Bit good news now. Mom and baby are home and resting comfortably. KIMG0125.JPG

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, brit and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just saw a dog chasing a deer across the grounds of the apt. bldg. across from me. Two animals you don't see here much, if at all.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.