How did you find us?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by swarden43, Jan 21, 2011.

1. tibbsonaphone

tibbsonaphone New Member

I'm one of these young guys that grew up with computers, so I've had internet connections from about ten years old, using a 14.4 kbps modem. I'm sure I've always gone to forum posts as references, but its only the last few years that I've become an active member on some of my most frequented ones. For a couple years I was really into auto detailing forums, but the one I liked has new owners now, and I just can't get a feel for the redesigned site. Where I live, I get rain about 8 months a year anyway, so its rare that I can get out a polisher and have a reflective non-marred clearcoat. I was turned to wetshaving a few years ago, and I never went back to electric or cartridge, I started looking for razors in collectible shops and turned proper shaving into a hobby. When I got into straight razors, I found this forum, as I looked into techniques and honing.

2. Wyowanderer

Wyowanderer New Member

Googled something to do with shaving, and here it was.

3. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Active Member

I was visiting the BullGooseShaving.com website and found TSD listed on the forums page. Thought I would check out the site and after looking around knew that I wanted to join.

4. Fo-

Fo- New Member

Google.

5. Spy Car

Spy Car Member

I (thinking I had an "original" thought) recently returned to DE shaving and was looking for a good source of new blades. A Google search lead me here. I've been reading the forum, liking the vibe, so this is my second post (more or less).

Thanks to Bill and Sparky for getting me past my registration issues.

Bill

6. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Tony AKA Freebird recruited me to participate in the Grab Bag v1.0
    hahaha, me too! More than once! But I'd probably be banned here as well if I didn't delete some of my own honest remarks :happy102 Nobody's perfect, including TSD or even me :p
    News About Jimbo - TSD Forums

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

really? that's your story?

I totally expected your response to include the phrase "there were no more flash games on the rest of the internet left for me to win...":D

hoglahoo likes this.
  8. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

We will blame whoever used to be king of the arcade for getting me hooked on the flash game thing. He kept taking back my scores :mad: Which reminds me, it's almost time to place another order for some MWF bath soap...

9. markb

markb New Member

I actually discovered the store first. Have ordered from TSD many times. eventually I migrated to the boards.

10. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I got drunk and woke up here one morning.

They haven't been able to get rid of me since.

sol92258 likes this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The Judge sent me to rehab, said there was a great support group at the shave den. I'm still looking for the exit.

Seriously though, I was looking for a horn handled shave brush. I found this and one or two other forums. I had never seen a more selfless or caring group of people on any other forum period. So I stayed. It started as research, became a hobby, then an obsession.

Note to self: I really do need to get one of Kim's Handicraft brushes.

12. dragosb

dragosb Member

Hello! (first message on TSD :D )

I googled my way here in search of a batter shave.

13. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Referred by the person who got me into wet shaving who, ironically, still only lurks here...

alpla444 likes this.
  14. supe

supe Active Member

Wandered in from another forum, seemed like a friendly, informative place so here I stayed.

15. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

WELCOME TO THE FORUM...
    Come often, stay long, and enjoy your stay...

v/r
    Oscar

16. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Just for the record...(sigh)

I'm a very active member of another forum. This site was recommended to me by another member some time ago, but I didn't visit very often. I came here often to lurk and have just recently started posting more and more. It's a good forum and the members are great.

v/r
    Oscar...

17. dragosb

dragosb Member

Thank you Oscar! I'm already doing that :)

18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I saw mention of The Shave Den over at the Razor & Brush forum and decided to check it out. Good thing, too, since this is one of the best wetshaving forums around!

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Well said! TSD IS the best wet shave board on the planet!

20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

It looks like TSD is also one of the largest forums (the largest?), as well, using the number of currently active users statistic as a measure.