How did you find us?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by swarden43, Jan 21, 2011.

1. dekatz

dekatz New Member

Googled "DE Shaving" & here I am!

2. Grazer1

Grazer1 New Member

I'm a member of another forum, football concerned and the topic of wet shaving arose, this forum was mentioned, I lurked, read and joined.

3. Google I think - kept visiting because the banter always had some life

4. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I am on several forums but TSD is home. No one has a better layout than TSD. From the ease of searching for something, to the different topics, and especially the killer background. Makes you feel like your searching your bookcase for that special book instead of looking like a cookie cutter forum site.

A big kudos to everyone responsible for running and maintaining this site.

And contrary to what some might think, bigger does not make you/them better.

IAmTheJody and CyanideMetal like this.
  5. EndlessFields

EndlessFields Member

I found the Den through Tapatalk on my phone. Some other forum with a badger for the logo thought they were to good for it and so wouldn't support it. .

Once I read a few threads I liked what I was seeing. Very friendly and helpful members. I've posted more in my first week here than I ever have on any other forum. Thanks to everyone who makes this place possible.

6. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I googled "shaving forum" and this was one of the results. It's one of two shaving forums I frequent.

7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I was looking for something different than the status quo. Some thoughtful thread discussions instead of "Who would win if God and the R-41 got in a fight?" or "Martin de Candre Started my Lawnmower (pic heavy)".

Seriuosly, one of the best things about TSD is how the Mods. blend in with the rest of us. They don't act better than us and I appreciate that. :happy088:

alpla444 likes this.
  8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I was googling vintage razors and found an article my Mtgrayling about gillette rockets that was posted on this site. HERE I then decided to read more on the forum and then got into DE's and joined the forum:)

Sodapopjones likes this.
  9. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I coming up on my 2nd anniversary, I found this great forum through Goggle search.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I've always been wet shaving. But with cartridge razors. Mach 3 and such. Then I found Mantic on Youtube. Last september I switched to DE. A simple razor by Wilkinson Sword (super mild), a mixed boar/badger brush. Hooked for life! Only looked back to my Mach3 to put it far away. Bought myself last week a Rolls Razor (Deluxe model E, travel edition: stainless steel with two spare blades). Google has lead me last sunday to Gregindallas' great post "The 'what is' and 'how to' thread for the Rolls Razor" here on TSD. Now I'm cleaning my Rolls. Hope to try it this weekend.

So there you have it!

Being a newbie I think I can learn a lot from you guys!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

Greetz, Mike

11. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

I, like a bunch of other started out on the other big one, and I just found that I prefer a smaller group. I never really posted much there, and now when I am there its just to look at the razor blades section pretty much. TSD has for sure become home. Too much drama at the other place, and don't really care for the layout of another one.

Also, Tapatalk support is a serious plus, that's where my SOTD pictures come from :p

12. Tomas Garcia

Tomas Garcia Member

I was googling wet shaving trying to learn more about it when I was directed to a thread here. and so far the info is amazing!

13. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

someone from badger and blade said i should check this site out...i did, and love it way more than badger and blade....thanks everyone for making this such a great forum!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. mattymatt

mattymatt New Member

Heard about this site on B&B. I have been DE shaving for over a year now. This seams like a good forum.

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was looking for info on woman's DE shaving, which is hard to find. But this is the best source I have found.

16. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

I found this forum through my wife, actually. She bought me stuff to get started in wet shaving for Christmas (EJ DE razor w/ sampler pack of blades, brush, soap, AoS starter kit) and she found this information when searching trying to figure out what to buy. She told me about the videos linked through here for learning how to shave with a DE and that it was a great source of a TON of information. So, I came here for the videos and started looking around and just HAD to start posting here to learn more and more and more.

17. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Few years back I googled "DE Razor", and the rest is history. I saw B&B as well, but felt this place had a warmer and more intimate feel to it. Not judging any of the other forums at all. I just use my gut on some matters; this being one of them. I was not disappointed in the least.:)

18. gravelman

gravelman New Member

I was googling straight razors and better shaving techniques, spent the next few days as a guest on the forum and then took the plunge.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  19. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

That's great. Glad you're here.

20. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I found TSD while searching the web for information on Shaving supplies.