How did you find us?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by swarden43, Jan 21, 2011.

1. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

When I first got into "traditional wet shaving" I was a constant lurker on all the forums reading and studying anything I could find on shaving,razors,blades,soaps/creams,balms.after shaves,etc...:happy097:
    When I finally decided to join a forum so I could get a sense of community as well as access to more info and pictures. I just joined TSD, settled in here and have never looked back. I think it was "DEFINATELY" one of the best moves I've made in this wet shaving world!!! :)

alpla444 likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I don't remember.:scared011:
    ...haven't I always been here?...
    ...seems like it.:eek:

3. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I started going to a barber and liked the aftershave he used so much I finally got enough nerve to ask him. He told me it was bay rum but they didn't have any for sale. I searched amazon but none of teh bottles matched. Finally I discovered that it was Stephen's Bay Rum which after some light Googling led me to a review on TSD. Matter of fact I liked that Bay Rum so much I stopped using it cause it's almost gone :). I also shaved my beard so I could use it every single day.

BamaT likes this.
  4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I got my start on the Art of Manliness like a few others have mentioned. I always had rough shaves with Mach 3's. I just Googled Gillette DE razors and wound up here. I joined right away about 9 months ago, a few months after having my first wet shave with a DE.

However in October of 2011, I used a DE (my dad's Gillette Slim) and tore myself up pretty good.

I came here first and went to other forums, but my loyalty lies here.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

B&B refugee.

Actually, I joined here several years ago to have access to the store, but never posted here. Then, B&B experienced some, uh, changes, and well, here I am.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Don't know exactly how I found TSD either..:think002: but I do recall the Plan signing on..yep ahuh..:happy088:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I was only looking for arcade games, I swear.:D

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I found you by "googeling" US-Shaving Forums.

Also i read a threat in our german Forum about you.

So, here i am. And i'm glad to be here. :)

PLANofMAN and alpla444 like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    WWII was a while ago, I'm not sure why the German shaving forums would feel threatened by us? ;) Perhaps because of our American humor. :)

BamaT and JRod22 like this.
  10. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I was researching the Dollar Shaving Club when I reached here by Google. I wanted to cut down on my shaving costs :)

11. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    How's that working out for you?

12. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I decided to give up cartridge razors and start traditional wet shaving. I was already using tapatalk for rimfirecentral and searched tapatalk for shaving. I checked out a few of the results and liked the feel of this one. I do have a B&B profile too but never post there. I have it, like many others, so I can see the pictures.

13. KLF

KLF Doctorin

It is not . Maybe from now on. But, at least, I enjoy my new, strange hobby :)

BamaT and PLANofMAN like this.
  14. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I finally got sick of razor burn and having red bumps on my neck all the time. Thought about trying a straight and after doing a bunch of reading, lots of people kept mentioning DE's so I started researching those. DE's seemed like a more practical but just as effective solution and in doing my research, I found this forum had some very helpful people.

15. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

I was researching wet shaving and was bouncing around to different vendors for prices. I actually found B&B first and was starting to get active over there. A few people said some stuff that kind of rubbed me the wrong way and caught wind of TSD and I liked it much better. I really only go to other forums now when I'm bored at work and I've read all the posts on here.

ChiefShaver and PLANofMAN like this.
  16. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I Google shaving forums. I guess I got lucky enough to start with this site. It's just so warm and welcoming. Haven't had a reason to look anywhere else. Enjoy seeing familiar faces around and getting good advice. Also exciting to see lots of new members who are just getting into DE shaving like myself. Good balance of experienced shavers and novice shavers.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  17. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

Did a google machine search for shaving forums and hit the winning ticket by stopping here first and pulled up a chair

18. de.fuller

de.fuller New Member

Serendipity, you folks are wonderful.

19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I found TSD looking for a menthol additive. I not only found M-Bomb but my new shaving family!

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Oh boy…another Zombie thread! :)

Well, I'll chime in with how I found TSD & why I'm still here...
    I had frequented several other shave forums & mostly stayed in the background. I did a google search once for a razor model and saw opinions & reviews from several forums—including this one.
    I clicked & read several threads here that were relevant to my search and found TSD to be the following:
    TSD is a friendly group.
    What struck me most was how friendly and respectful participants were to each other and to newcomers.
    I have participated in many different online forums over the past number of years dealing with a wide range of political, spiritual and commercial subjects. Watching cyper-people engage in character assassination, cruel innuendo, and plain rudeness is unfortunately quite commonplace in many online forums.
    TSD is also a tolerant group.
    Sure, there are some off-color language rules some may find inhibiting, but without them, I fear discussions can become offensive to many and participation diminishes. I've rarely seen the BAN hammer being wielded heavily—a common situation in many forum.
    TSD is also a sharing group.
    Participation in trying something new is often encouraged here, and the members can learn from the successes and mistakes of others.
    TSD is also a fun group.
    Shaving should be fun and enjoyable—not rocket science. Good-natured ribbing is part of what goes on around TSD, and I find that a healthy attribute.
    TSD is also a compassionate group.
    Members sincerely care for the well-being of others. We all face challenges and hardships in our lives, and sometimes just have someone say, "Thinking of you today" or "I'm praying for your situation" can mean more to that person than we realize.