How do you like your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Oscar, Dec 31, 2010.

1. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

Black, Mostly Folgers. We like to get roasted whole beans whenever possible, but in our small town it's not always available. Prefer a medium dark or French roast.

I grew up in Louisiana and have a preference for stronger coffee.

2. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Mmmmm Coffee ... such a myriad of experiences ..

If I'm in Tampa (my home away from home), it has to be Cafe Con Leche ... from any number of small Cuban cafes ... Although we found a nice little Cuban cafe on AMI that has the some of the best Cafe Con Leche I've had, we found it while vacationing at the beach.

At home .. whatever coffee Jeff deems worthy that week, made in the Bunn with half and half and splenda, with ice to slam down whilst shaving and getting ready for work.

In the warmer months (almost all year here in FL) ... concentrated coffee made from one cup of whatever ground coffee sounds good that week, steeped overnight in 32 ounces of water. Drained and refrigerated for iced coffee with cream and sugar for a quick slam down in the morning while prepping for work.

And when coffee just isn't option (overslept, etc) Diet Mt Dew or Pepsi Max will do just fine.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Danny sent me a pound of the Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso a while back. I'll agree - it makes a very good cup.

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

8 O'Clock bean, grind at home. Drink it strong and black. I drink about a pot each morning. I can't afford to drink the expensive stuff since I use so many beans and drink so much. If I only drank a cup or two I could afford it...but coffee is expensive enough already buying the 'cheap' stuff

5. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I'm young.. I still do instant coffee packets with a pack of the vanilla creamer. Tastes darn fine to me.

6. MrLastway

MrLastway New Member

In the mornings it is usually in the manner of a double espresso made from beans I've mixed, roasted and ground myself. On other parts of the day it can be either a French press, aero press or Moka brewer that gets my attention.

Nothing beats a cup of coffee :signs136

7. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Medium to strong roast, freshly ground and brewed, with a bit of milk.

8. Fogey

Fogey New Member

Nescafe's Taster's Choice... Decaf, Regular, Dark Roast. In that order of what I desire. Nothing else but restaurant coffee when we go out.

A teaspoon per cup and the instant hot... I'm good to go. I can mix to suit. Strong or mild, Black or whitened. Works for me. Long time now. Cup or Travel Mug.... same same.

9. helowrench

helowrench Member

Strong and Bitter, just like my beer and women.

really though: fresh roasted beans (Whole Foods or Central Market or so)
    grind them in my burr grinder just before brewing strong in my French Press if I am looking for 8 cups or less, or in the drip machine if anyone else wants some.

My work coffee cup is 20oz
    My home coffee cup is32oz

I drink coffee like most people breathe......

That reminds me that I need to track down Addison Coffee Roasters once and for all.

Rob

10. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

http://hubpages.com/hub/coffee-pros-cons

And I quote:

11. aberneth

aberneth Member

I'd rather die from coffee than let old age take me.

If you try to strip all the danger from your life, you end up living in a bubble, eating a double pasteurized nutritional paste.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I figure as cancerous and asthmatic as the air is around here... I might as well enjoy some coffee because I can't stop breathing until I stop breathing.

Coffee - inverted aeropress, and black. Preferred beans - Evelyn Bay. However, the local shop closed up, so I need a new brand.

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I change it up quite a bit, this week Folgers next week probably grind something from the local organic market.

Usually go for the Aeropress, 3 scoops of grounds, fill to the 4 line, stir and press, then top off the mug with leftover water. A Sunbeam Hotshot heats the water for me.
    I recently got a Keurig Platinum brewer on a "too cheap to pass up" deal and have been using that when I feel lazy. Bold K-cups seem to be the only ones that have enough flavor for me.

14. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

+1. For this reason I prefer the lighter roasts. Brand doesn't matter to me.

We use a simple drip setup at home. Put the filtered grounds in a container above the pot, pour boiling water through. I like that the setup's totally cleanable.

15. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

Cafe con leche does rock , have a cuban bakery up the road from the house . I dont keep a coffee maker at house generally only drink it some 1-3 mornings a week and even then only one cup, so I always get coffee to go . Pet peave I do have is a recent trend of mcdonalds /dunkan donut of stiring your cream and sugar into your coffee for you . I hate this !!!!:angry019:angry019:angry021:angry032:angry021 . Forget about the caffiene , anger of someone messing with my coffee before I drink it alone will wake me up and send me off on a heated rant on subject of people "F----ing with my java". Just regular coffee triggers this , not starbucks , expresso , or cafe con leche ,this has a machine doing the mixing , machines are good.Making someones coffee is one of the most personal things you can do , it shouldnt be a cost saving measure and require a "Cream and sugar on the side, please " . Is it just me or does this anyone else share this mental tick.

16. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I like it hot, dark, and smooth. No whipped cream or sugar unless it is before or after though

17. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Of late, I have settled on Trader Joe's Joe blend in medium roast (there is also a dark roast). I was a devotee of LaVazza for a long time and then worked my way through TJ's many selections. I love their Kona but $20 for 14 oz. was too rich for my budget. Joe costs $3.95/14 oz. and is one of the biggest bargains in the country.

18. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah, well, I filled out the Jar Head application first, but they would not let me in because I had a suspended driver license for too many traffic tickets. So I slid on down a couple of doors and joined the Navy.

Good to see that good 'ole inter-service rivalry still exists 20 years later...

19. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

currently:

Ruta Maya
    Medium roast
    fresh ground & brewed in an auto drip
    Served black as midnight on a moonless night. :cool:

20. Sir Critic

Sir Critic Member

I don't do drugs :D

Sorry I couldn't stop this reply :whacky011

I'll now take my leave :scared007