How do YOU soak your Brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Mr.Diehl, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I soak mine in my old VDH bowl. It is the perfect size. I just fill it with warm water before I get into the shower.

[​IMG]

Mr.Diehl likes this.
  2. Mr.Diehl

Mr.Diehl Member

I like that cup. Simple and classy.

NapalmCola likes this.
  3. DaveL

DaveL Active Member

I use an old coffee mug.

Mr.Diehl likes this.
  4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I just wet mine under the tap and then go about facelathering. I have a small vanity countertop and don't have any extra room for mugs, or scuttles.

Clayton

Mr.Diehl likes this.
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I bring mine into the shower and soak it in there.

Mr.Diehl likes this.
  6. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

First under the water of the faucet for some seconds and then soaking in an inox mug (cool water) for some minutes while i make my shaving preparations.
    I replace the cool water with hot and i soak the brush for:
    30 sec if it's a Synthetic
    1 min if it's Badger
    4-5 min if it's a Boar.

All the brushes are not the same so some slight differentiations can be happen.

Mr.Diehl likes this.
  7. Mr.Diehl

Mr.Diehl Member

I used to facelather in the shower (and shave in there, too) when I used the Fusion carts. It worked really well once I learned the "no-pressure" rule and started using wetshaving techniques. I have since switched to a Shavette and moved out of the shower so as to limit the water usage. A two minute cart shave is alright with a shower running, but a 20 minute Shavette adventure in there would certainly frustrate the wifey!

Ryan B likes this.
  8. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Not really, I just make sure the boars are good and wet before lathering with them, same thing with badger but boar takes longer.

9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Warm water in a stainless camp cup while showering. :)

10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I fill the sink up with enough water to fully submerse the brush. Then I "fan" and "ruffle" the brush while underwater. I've found this to be the most effective way to get the bristles fully wet.

Mr.Diehl likes this.
  11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

do you shower shaving guys use a mirror?
    sorry, I'm not intentionally hijacking, but was just curious.

12. Mr.Diehl

Mr.Diehl Member

I have a fogless mirror that I used. It had an opening in the back that you pour hot water into to even out the temperature on both sides of the mirror. It worked quite well. Plus, with it mounted on the wall, and no vanity, you can get up close and really see all the hairs you missed!