How is everybody?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Joe, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Member

I feel like I haven't been on here in forever (since before the holidays). I just wanted to say hi to everybody. If any of you remember, I was having alot of problems wet shaving so I made myself a deer antler handle for my mach 3 to use till the holidays were over.

I have been so busy I haven't gotten back to trying wet shaving however I did make some progress with some blades from Queen of Blades and some CO Bigelow before the holidays. I hope to try again very soon and post an update to my progress and share what I have learned for others that are just starting out.

Anyways, just wanted to check in and say Happy New Year to everybody!

Joe

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi Joe. Good to hear from ya!

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yo Joe!

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I look forward to hearing how things go for you this time around. We're definitely here for your encouragement, help, and hopefully a laugh or two!

5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Heeeyyy Joe, where ya going with that razor in your hand. Alright so that was a very poor parody of Jimi Hendrix. anyway, good to see you again, Joe and I'm glad that are seeing some success with the DE. Keep at it and keep us posted.

6. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Glad to see you back Joe! Happy Shaving!! ;)

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Howdy Joe.

8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

What everyone else has said.

9. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Yes sir, welcome back and if you get a chance, show us a picture of the deer antler handle.

10. Joe

Joe Member

SharpSpine, if you want a few laughs, next time I shave I'll take pictures of the bloody sink :rofl: Johnny, here is a picture. I plan on making a better one in the near future. This one had a vain in the antler and it cracked in two while drilling the hole. I glued it back together then put a few coats of clear on it and it will never come apart but I'd still like to get another piece of antler and make a new one soon....

http://www.jrwebfx.com/antler.jpg

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey Joe, welcome back....Very cool idea with the antler...I see your handy with your hands....Now you need to make a TTO with a Deer antler....:) That would be slick...

12. Joe

Joe Member

I thought of making an antler handle for one of my DE razors. I can do it easily, but where does one find the time these days? lol.

13. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Come on Joe. It's so easy even a...

CyanideMetal, swarden43 and tomnat like this.
  14. Joe

Joe Member

LMAO

15. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Hi Joe nice to see you again:)

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Welcome back Joe!

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Welcome back! I really like the handle. I hope your able to find time to make a DE with such a handle in the future.

18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Welcome back Joe

19. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Hello JOE.. fellow Joe here.. glad to finally make your acquaintance and finally have the chance to actually post. I've been following your shaving epic journey and wasn't joined so couldn't add my 2c. I really wanted to but couldn't cuz.. not member.. but now I am so here it IS! do you LOCK YOUR WRIST and SHAVE WITH THE ARM NOT WITH THE WRIST!!! DO YOU??? And golly is that important and wow does that sure feel good to get that out of my system.:Animatedfrozensmily: Even if you already are aware of this crucial bit shaving technical, you could still be running on manual and the technique needs to be an autopilot and it gets there by persistent conscious attention. You'll know when your doing it right. It seemed to me to be the most challenging to orchestrate when going other than WTG but with persistent attention I finally got it! The lack of this information is why I used so much toilet paper back in the seventies.. don't think there were septic pencils back then.. Anyways this technique will also help navigate with the cart system but is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL FOR THE DE as the head does not pivot on the EE like the cartridge razor and if one bends one's wrist during the razoring process, it may produce an uneven attack with blade edge and cause the razor to sort of dig in.. ergo creating a less than ideal shaving experience. There I said it.. few ...

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    styptic pencils ;)