How many hours do you work a week?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Lyrt, Dec 27, 2008.

?

How many hours do you work a week?

1. Less than 20

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. 20 – 30

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. 30 – 40

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. 40 – 50

35 vote(s)
    43.2%
  5. 50 – 60

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  6. More than 60

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Average 55 hours per week.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Unless the s... hits the fan.

40-50 hours a week.

3. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Currently 40. After Jan. 1st, maybe only 32. If business doesn't pick up there will probablely be a layoff. If that happens I'll probably have to go back to shift work.

4. Unit 91

Unit 91 New Member

11 to 12 hr days 5 days a week adds up fast. Throw in Saturdays when I feel compelled plus whatever I work on at home and... you get the picture.

5. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

50-60 for sure but there are weeks where there are considerably more hours than that. I own a small lighting sales company with 2 other guys and with the slumping market, I am working extra hours to secure commercial & industrial sales.

6. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Dear God, you all work too much. Kudos to Jeff, you’re a real man.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

40, except for maybe 2 weeks a year where I have to work a weekend to get things done. (then I get comp time. :D)

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

9. Unit 91

Unit 91 New Member

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
    Bob Slydell: Great.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
    Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Although retired, I still "work". Today was 3 hours of volunteer work and 5 hours working on the yard sprinkling system. It's not what I earn, it's what I save. :D
    20-30 hours a week.

11. Crappy

Crappy Member

I've slowed down a lot. Couple of years ago I was working 5-6 12hr shifts a week at 2 separate jobs. Ditched one of the jobs and now I'm only working 3 12's a week. It took me a while getting used to having spare time, but I've adjusted well. Mostly I play in the arcade trying to take Hoglahoo's King of the Arcade title from him. It, obviously, has been a dismal failure.

12. Ragnost

Ragnost Member

I’m on call 24/7 so I’m never really off work normally in the office 07:00 till 19:00 five days though if I have driver out on the road and need to keep the depot open you’ve guessed it, I’ve had one weeks holiday out of four this year, just done a double shift 22hrs Sunday/Monday and when all my drivers are off New Years day I’ll be on the road doing the trunk run, I’ve even had call outs on Xmass and Easter days, not the first time I’ve been in the office all day then left for Spain or Italy that evening with a load and been away four or five days :)think002hey just figured out why I might be living on my own:rofl:whacky011)

13. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Sir, I would read the book you publish about your journey. good job.:happy096

14. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Usually 40. Hats off to you folks that work so many hours a week.

15. cheffie46

cheffie46 New Member

55 hours per week at my full-time job, and another 12 at my part-time Firefighter gig which is more fun than work. Plus it gets me out of reach of my wife...;)

16. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

I get paid for 40

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Oh please take one ....dont head for a burn out. you deserve one !

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Merci, mon cher ami. C'est vrai que le travail est la sante, mais il y a une limite.

19. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Will do. I might take a couple of days off in January as it's slower.

20. alaric

alaric New Member

I work as I want to. When I want to. :cool: