How's Your Day? April 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I've been back at work for a week...holy killing me off. I'm glad to be back though.

Recovery is going well, my lip and gum feel like a wolverine attack then, but other than that I'm good!

I'm getting together with a bunch of night photography friends on Saturday, that should be a blast!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Please post some of your night pics. We’d love to see some!

lradke, AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  3. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Hey wait a minute, are you that Sara Silverman ?
    Capture sarah silverman.GIF

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No, I’m taller. Also she spells it “Sarah”.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  5. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I ended up taking a last minute road trip from NJ to Chucky, TN with Darling Daughter to pick up the Golden Retriever puppy which will become her new service dog. DW was going to do the run but she hasn't yet recovered from being sick all weekend. 10+ hour drive with intermittent drizzle the whole way. :-P

One note of interest, though... somewhere in VA, we passed a tanker truck containing "Technical Animal Fats - Inedible". If I Googled that correctly, it means a tanker truck full of Tallow. Hmm... soap..... :)

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to explain why the tanker had to be labelled "Inedible". Are there really people who would come across a tanker full of animal fat and consider eating some?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No, but I imagine they might consider cooking with it. People do cook with lard.

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2018-4-26_11-28-37.png

AGHisBBS and KenH like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My car, that is such bad shape that it will not pass the state inspection (due to rusted and cracked frame) is being replaced tomorrow morning. My wife and I went out this morning, first thing to look at more vehicles. We decided / settled on a 2011 Subaru Outback. I say settled because I really would have liked a truck, I'm reminded that God is so good to provide me with all I have ... A wonderful wife and adult boys that love me, jobs that provide in all of our needs, an apartment that's comfortable, and two safe vehicles. So often I can only see broken windows in life; when they're really stain glass windows provided by God. :)

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Enrico good luck with the next car. I wish you many safe miles (or km. If you are outside of the US.)

Today was a mixture of activities; a trip to Lowe’s (always fun; I love hardware stores), setting up a new bow sight light that is rechargeable & programmable, some exercise (stationary bike & step training). while all that was going on, I made a batch of garlic-flavored ghee.

Tonight, I have an archery lesson.

Erik Redd and Enrico like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I was lucky to see the Clash twice on that G'EER tour. Would have seen every show if I could have.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I helped out with a student at the archery club today. Really glad I did, because I found out that she needed to shoot lefty even though she writes with her right hand. (In archery, it’s more about the dominant eye.) Once she made the change, her shooting improved a lot.

Later, I took my hubby to th doctor, for what he thought was a bad cold. Turns out he has the flu. Given that he’s over 60, I am very glad we caught it early.

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Gotta take care of each other! :angelic013:

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Greetings everyone. Just felt like popping in, and saying "hi" real quick before heading to work. Still here, still shaving, still doing pretty much the same thing as 2009. Oh look. It is 6:40, gotta head to work.

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

!)sdraw(kcab emoclew :scared011:

15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or is the wabbit outfit just a clever disguise? :signs002:

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Jealous! Never got to see them.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Successful day so far. I completed final preparation for my Colorado trip in June. I do need to print all the confirmation e-mails from the businesses involved, but that should be routine-I'm registered where I need to be. It's off to the gym in an hour.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I'm over 60, I hope I don't catch that anymore. A cold I can handle, but not the other one.

19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I had the strangest thing happen to me last week that it scared the heck out of me.
    It's called explosive head syndrome or EHS, it sounds like a joke but it's not, I had never heard of it until it happened to me at 11:30pm a week ago today.
    I have a difficult time falling and staying asleep, well last week just as I was falling asleep I heard an explosion in my head, followed by a white flash and ears ringing.
    Now when I say explosion it sounded like a nuke went off in my head, I thought I had died, really I did. At worst I thought I had a stroke.
    After taking inventory of my face and body I sat up in bed and woke my wife, my heart was racing out of control, I wear a fitness bracelet and after a bit I noticed my heart rate was 140 bpm.
    I did what everyone does, Googled explosion in head when falling asleep, and learned about EHS, my wife kept telling me to call the advice nurse, bless her.
    After calling my doctor he explained that I shouldn't have another episode but if I did he wanted to do some tests, yikes! Another one? No thanks.
    What a trip this was, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
    One of the reasons may have been due to stress, my wife and daughter were rear-ended a couple of days earlier and both are having back and neck pain, seeing a physical therapist, the car (2017 under 8,000 miles) had $6,500 worth of damage, being fixed right now.
    I'm sorry that I'm rambling on but this was one of the scariest things I've been though.
    Thanks for reading. God Bless
    Kerry

20. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I'll have to get some together. My favorite one is 500+MB so it may be hard to post.

With changing careers, and starting at the bottom again, I can't afford to rent a banjo, so I got a bass instead. I've gotta say, I've only played it a few times and I LOVE it!!!

[​IMG]

Erik Redd, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.