How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Actually, I have dabbled in using straights. I just haven't tried to use them that often since school started. I don't want to push my luck before school at 4AM and there are always too many other things going on during the weekends. I have a modified Double Arrow from JimR and a Genco off of eBay that Glen honed for me.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    If we're talking marvelous scents, I'm voting for English Fern.

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I have no comment on straights... :ashamed001

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I am sure! Seriously, Rodd, I would willingly loan out my Shave King head if you wanted to try it. I dunno... after the monkey fart comment... I have visions of shrunken heads now..

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I haven't smelled it but i have heard different descriptions of the scent. Would you call it floral?

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

It sounds interesting (just like so many others) but with my crazy sensitivity to some of fragrance/essential oils, I am just sticking with those that I know are safe. At least for now... Maybe I will pick up some more samples after the holidays.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I appreciate it guys. For some reason a big part of the thrill for me is the hunt, so I'll keep my eyes out for now, but I will let you know if I decide I must try one. :) Thanks!

I went through the same thing with the Eclipse Red Ring. Looked and looked. Was definately worth the wait.

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Fingers are in my ears and I can't hear you! :(

I don't need more shave cream, I don't' need more shave cream, I don't need more shave cream, I don't need more shave cream....

9. Queen of Blades

Not really. Someone on basenotes said it was similar to Brut (I think). I'm horrible at describing scents. It just smells awesome.

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

cool. I am definately putting that in my next order.

How do you manage to duplicate scents if you can't describe them? ;)

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I have wondered the same thing... but the Queen has magic skills and who are we to question the way things work? If you question the magic, it may cease to exist. :eek:

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Hence the blowgun! :D

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I retract my question. :happy102

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yup... there is that as well!

OK... gonna go watch some TV with the wife.. type at ya laters

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Enjoy! Talk to you later... :)

16. Queen of Blades

Research and my nose.

I had the fragrant notes that Penhaligon's lists, a sample for comparison, and read review after review till I had some clue of what scent Penhaligon's wasn't listing. Then it's all piece by piece, mess up, start over, until the puzzle fits together.

You do realize scent description is all made up stuff, right? When describing a scent, people use words that explain what the scent reminds them of (feelings, experiences, etc.). I'm not poetic, nor verbose. I'm to the point. Most of the scent descriptions in the store come from my suppliers descriptions of the fragrance. If you look through the list, you can probably pick out the ones I had to come up with.

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yep! :D

Now to go try to pick out the which ones you wrote... I do so love an adventure. :)

18. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I keep trying and trying to come up with that answer, and thought I might've had it a few times
    but, I actually do think I have an answer....
    I concur

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I'm still trying to picture somebody running around with a lightsaber hanging out of their mouth. :D

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:) Night everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.