How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

oh awesome, that is going on facebook!

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yep. that's definitely the solution. Makes a whole lot more sense than anything that's been tried so far. And if the McG turns the job down, we can always turn to:

Attached Files:

3. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Was perusing Reddit a while ago and they've apparently been on a Who should play Harley Quinn in Batman 3? kick. Someone made a suggestion so genius that I had to share it with you all. I cannot believe I never thought of this before.

I present, the person who absolutely must play Harley Quinn:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Huh... That's almost the same look I had on my face today when I tacked up the Pay or Vacate notice on my old family homestead in Spokane (freakin' renters :mad:). The studded collar and leather jacket would have been a nice touch too... ;)

[​IMG]

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Morning everyone (well at least I think it is morning). I went to bed for a little bit to crush my head between two pillows (migraine relief). Next thing I know it is like 11 hours later and everyone else is in bed. Huh.. Oh well... back to bed I go.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Sorry to hear it worked out that way for you Tom. :mad:

Course they might have taken you more seriously if you went without the eye liner, mascara, and lipstick. :)

7. davidhud29

davidhud29 Member

Here's how my day is going.:angry019 (wife) :angry032(me) Any questions?

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Married 22 years this past Friday, I know exactly what you're saying. :rolleyes:

9. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

the dog collar, though, was an awesome choice!

10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

got beer?

11. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Hi all,

Had a nice sleep and woke to help my dearest get ready to head to Spokane to support one of her friends. Mowed the lawn, did the dishes, started some laundry. Now it's about time for 20 minutes of Tai Chi, a bite to eat and a nice late-afternoon shave. I'm hoping we'll get a bit of rain to clean and cool the air. Just having a relaxing day and maybe avoiding going in to work for a few hours later on.

Justin, be well my friend.

:happy102

I think Goth looks pretty good on me, but man is that stuff ever tough to get off!

Nope, can't understand that, no sir (not!). Breathe, walk, shave maybe. A cool head is a good thing (and yeah, a beer might not hurt).

Thanks! :D

12. davidhud29

davidhud29 Member

Yes. I also have gout. Beer doesn't help gout, it makes it worse. So.... Now what? :think002Liquor and or beer are my go toos. :eatdrink013Probably why I have gout.I miss my bike.:transport016

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

That's where the Mrs. clips the leash. :)

See, she is watching him now. :D

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well it was an odd day. Normal Sunday morning followed by daughter's first away baseball game in the challenger league. As anticipated, she got there and the anxiety kicked in. She wouldn't go on the field; however, we wouldn't let her leave. She had to at least watch her team play. After lots of whining and complaining about the strangers, the different grass, the different peat gravel as opposed to clay, blah, blah, blah, her team is finally up to bat. Towards the end of the lineup (everyone bats once per inning), one of the assistants asks if she wants to bat. At this point, I am just hoping that she doesn't bite the head off of the assistant or say something incredibly rude. However, she pops up and runs into the dugout to get a helmet. Huh... She played the entire game with a big smile on her face. I just don't get it. But then again, I was quite pleased to see her participate and why question when she suddenly does something good and enjoys it?

Stopped and got fresh strawberries on the way home as well as pick up more supplies for the "free" bunny wife got for daughter from a friend. Daughter has been obsessed about bunnies for about 1.5 years (you may recall her hit tune... to the Katy Perry melody "I pet a bunny and I liked it..."). The "free" bunny has already cost more than $100 in supplies... We stopped at Culvers to wait out a storm and have some ice cream.

Got home and watched "I, Robot". Yup... just confirms what I keep telling the kids about not letting technology do things for you just because you can....

Finally get on the computer to find out on facebook that a tornado wiped out part of the town my parents are moving from. Everyone is OK, and at least well enough to get on the computer to write about it on FB. but still.... Wait... here we are using needless technology to communicate to the masses.

Its been a weird Sunday. So how are things in your neck of the woods?

Wait... I am using technology to get on a soapbox because I can't complain at loud at home. Ugh.. I swear, I am going to be a hermit sitting in a decrepit hovel of a building yelling at the kids to get off of the lawn. But... I will be clean shaven!

Huh... spell check doesn't like the word "shaven"... stupid technology

15. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

ooh. tough breaks. shaving is a good substitute. always helps my mood.

ah. a fellow Luddite. Who also uses technology. There's a joke in there, but I'm not smart enough to write it.

Seriously, I like your daughter's version of that song a lot more than the original.

And... I never thought I'd ever admit this... I miss Culvers. Butter burgers and frozen custard. mmmm

16. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

:scared003 Is she still watching? :D

That's so cool about your daughter, Justin! I'm happy that you guys had a good day, and that your parents are safe.

Culvers? What's Culvers? Sounds almost as good as a nice shave.

Well, I've had a fun day being physical around the house (read that as 'cleaning'). The dryer finally works correctly, and I'm so happy! For the first time in almost 2 years I can dry a load of clothes in under an hour (instead of 3). Had a plugged vent hose, which the landlady replaced yesterday while I went to Spokane to prod the putzes living in our house there. I think I'll wash another load of towels, just because I can!

Still waiting for the rain here. It's nice and cool and the clouds are close overhead. but so far no bounce, no play.

Oh, and my new favorite quote:

When in doubt, wave hands like clouds.

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Thanks...

Culvers is a Wisconsin chain that is making its way south across Illinois and Indiana. Burgers are fried with butter (hence the term butter burger) and then have real good frozen custard. Basically they have three flavors each day (vanilla, chocolate, and the daily special). They do mix ins with the custard, mix ins, concretes, shakes, etc.. Pretty nice place to stop and eat in general. Although I still can't believe they ruin good cheese curls by deep frying them. Oh well.. guess others like them that way.

Yay! to getting the dryer fixed. Crawling behind the dryer and cleaning out built up lint is on my list of things to do this week.

18. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Multi-quote Tom!

Aren't they always? :)

:sihns011

Culvers is tasty!

And why wouldn't you? :confused:

:signs002

19. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Good luck with that.

I've actually been outside several times today, just watching the vent louvers flapping in the breeze. :D I'm easily entertained.

Culvers - another reason to spend some time back in Indiana. Thanks for the lowdown!

20. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Yesterday morning, started the day out with Profsaffel, a machete, a weedeater, and an axe. Yup! We've started on "the maze 2010." This year we're going for an Indiana Jones theme complete with pigmy village! We stopped around noonish when things were around 105 degrees. Then, I spent the rest of the day replacing our air-conditioner. yee-frikkin-ha. Had to put it on the credit card, which I hate doing, then had a friend come over and help. Took us about 4 hours all said and done to swap out the unit, because we had sort of permanently mounted the old unit, last summer. Of course, we had to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up a new breaker so we could rewire the plug for the air-conditioner, and then we had to go to his house and cut some boards so we could mount the thing. Without a sliding sash, it's just a major pain in the but to put in an air conditioner.

But hey, now we have thermostatically controlled air, and it's remote control too. Too bad it's GE. Oh, then I had to prepare to teach a class on the first 4 minor prophets for this morning.

Ahh tarred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.