How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

My favorite is Peter Davison. I'm also very fond of Patrick Troughton.

I wish that Colin Baker had gotten a better shot at playing the doctor. I liked his approach, but he had some lousy scripts to work with (see the entire Trial of a Time Lord season, the Two Doctors, etc...)

I find Tennant annoying. I think it's the tennis shoes with the suit. I liked Christopher Eccleston and wish he'd stayed on longer. The new series drifted too far into soap opera territory with the whole doctor- rose nonsense. I haven't seen any of the post Russell Davies episodes but I'm glad he's gone. He described his vision for the new material as "the doctor in lurv." Ick.

2. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I grew up on Baker as the Doctor, and he's still my favorite. I really liked Eccleston, though, and wish he could have held out for another season or two.

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

guess whose phone finally just rang?

4. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Ahhhh! Who is the evil genius that introduced this? I am addicted and can't stop laughing!

I have my friends visiting the site now.

5. sol92258

6. micah1_8

7. sol92258

I thought the same thing, a lot of careful and precise attention to detail went into that setup

8. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

HILARIOUS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. micah1_8

When you pay your employees so little and treat them so poorly that they commit suicide in droves, it's no wonder you can turn such a high profit. Being the key manufacturer for crApple and Sony don't hurt either.

10. sol92258

Micah, I just replied to a random comment on i09, before I realized I was actually replying a comment you made! :happy102

11. sol92258

upgraded my router....I've watched 2.5 episodes of Mythbusters, only 1 hiccup to buffer the video, but it required no interaction on my part, took just a few seconds, and continued playing.

Before, I would have to click click continue (sometimes, very rarely, that would work), then quit out of netflix completely, go back in and resume.

This is my first Netgear router, I've always stuck with Belkin and Linksys, but reviews on the Netgears have been great lately, so I took a chance.

I think my range was better on that Belkin N+, but I have a stronger signal on this Netgear. Plus, some better USB drive management features (hello, FTP! :D)

Now, what to do with the Belkin N+...I could set it up as an access point to the Netgear, or use it at work or something. I may take it to church and see if I can get enough of a signal in the sanctuary so the media computer can be connected

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I have been using Netgear routers for years without any problems. Well, that isn't exactly true. My Wireless router won't talk to the DSL modem. So I have a Netgear router attached to the modem and then the wireless plugs into netgear router which will talk to the Fujitsu modem (Verizon required this modem once upon a time). When I added a wireless modem at home, I first bought a LinkSys and it also wouldn't work with the Fujitsu and I returned it and got the Netgear. When it also didn't work I realized I needed a daisy chain of routers... how lame. BTW: If I ever had a lack of faith in any of the quality of any of my network, it would be that Fujitsu SpeedPort DSL modem.

During Sunday's internet complete slow down, I wasn't able to watch any netflix due to the constant rebuffering "to adjust for internet speed"

Oh well.. fun day. No school today for students. However it is a work day for staff. I am bringing daughter along and hopefully she will stay out of my way long enough so that I can get my work done (finish semester grades and write subplans for tomorrow when I will be at meetings in another town). And then to electronics store to pick up some pieces of wiring and a headphone jack, and then to the dentist (broke a front tooth the other day).

All psyched up about the Bears V. Packers. Go Pack Go!

13. micah1_8

14. sol92258

saw that yesterday, pretty awesome (as long as Jaws wins, of course :rolleyes::D)

15. sol92258

Hey Micah, I have a crazy idea.....

16. micah1_8

I'm digging it... but there are some questions that arise.

17. sol92258

true, we'll have to get together and hash out some ideas, but I think it would be fun

of course, the primary question will be, what to blow up at the end? a puck of Williams, maybe?

18. sol92258

okay, go ahead and send me the tickets now, please, I need no more information to know that I will be seeing this

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Catwoman?...... Meow

Waiting at dentist. Lots of fun; however, nowhere near as fun as the visit will be. Oh well, it gives me time to practice using swype.

Did I just hear a promo for Gnomio and Juliet? Really? yeesh!

20. micah1_8

usb_laptop_self-charger_cable.jpg
    :happy102

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.