How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

He just wanted somebody to play with...

2. micah1_8

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Wow.... an interesting concept... I wiill have to wiilly think about this one.

woo hoo.. oh drats.. those picture sites are all blocked here. Will have to wait until I get home.

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

oh boii! are wii riilly returniing to thii "double-ii" thiing agiin?
    :D

by the way, for those who give a riip, and those who don't, too: watched 4 epiisodes of miithbusters yesterday, not. a. siingle. diisconnect.

Yay, [slash]cloud[/slash] Netgear router! :D

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I do not know to what you are referring and any evidence to the contrary will be met with further disavowing of prior knowledge.

Yay... I am now after a week of trying... about 10 minutes into District 9.

6. sol92258

7. sol92258

8. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

My day sucked!

9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

District 9 rawks! I think I'm gonna find the DVD and watch it tonight!

10. micah1_8

11. sol92258

grrrr, PITA week continues...

got an email earlier this week explaining that because tax rates or something are going up, so we may see a slight decrease in our check.

the email was longer than that, and used the word "slightly" several times, to explain how minor the difference would be....

so, I'm expecting like 10, 15 dollars less (not happily, mind you, but expecting it)...

and -$65 later I see my check....

GRRRRRRRR!!!!! SCREW YOU TAX PEOPLE!!! That's my freakin water sevice you just caused me to fail to be able to pay.
    Not sure how much my wife's will be lower, either, since her check is more than mine, so the percentage is bound to be higher.....

crap, I was looking for a second part-time job to get ahead, it's starting to look more and more like it'll just be to stay a-freakin-float.

whacky097

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Ouch!

Ugh, sorry to see/hear that Jim.

Happy weekend everyone!

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Nice, what model is it? I may have to look into upgrading. Sorry if that was already discussed and I missed it.

14. sol92258

the N600 Dual Band, model number is WNDR3400 (in case you're thinking DD-WRT or Tomato - not compatible...yet).
    Man, it's great. I can access my USB hard drive from anywhere via HTTP or FTP, so besides my ~3 GB of Dropbox, I have my 1TB harddrive, too :D

I chose this one as the only differences between it and the next highest up were: Gigabit LAN (not needed, only have my desktop connected by ethernet, and no benefit of higher speed), slightly more powerful processor, and $100 difference in price.

This is my first Netgear, my others being Linksys (former preference), and Belkin (price point). My first Belkin was great. Then found a good deal on a Linksys, but have since found the the Linksys router prior to Cisco buying them were better than the ones after. Don't know why that is, Cisco routers are top of the line (and price bracket), I'd want to figure they'd actually improve the budget line routers.
    Oh well.

I'm loving have 3-4 bars strength in the far end of the house where 1-2 was.

Pure delight so far

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Cool. I have had several Netgear routers before, but the last one I had drove me crazy. I kept having to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. It got to the point that I was doing it daily. My current router is a Belkin N. I don't have anything, with the exception of our printer hooked up over a wire, so Gig doesn't make much difference to me. I have been blaming our internet service for a lot of slowness lately, but maybe I should be trying the router. Plus, I love the idea of hooking up a USB drive to it. I will have to look into it.

16. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I try not to do a whole lot of whining about it, but I suffer from terrible depression sometimes. Today it rears its ugly head. I'll be okay, though. There is much to be joyful and thankful for.

17. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I hear ya on that one ... it usually takes me a few hours to shake it off, though, sometimes it can take a couple days ... I hope you shake it soon!

Now I'm off to write 25 performance reviews I've inherited since the center manager decided to leave the company ... Life IS grand! ;):D

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I hope it passes quickly, and tomorrow is brighter day for you. :)

[​IMG]

20. micah1_8

Too far?

I'm sorry.

In other news, I just watched a documentary about Linux on Netflix streaming. It's safe to call that irony, isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.