How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Quite an irony!

Well, the Pack won... but shouldn't have. Oh well...

I get so sick of the whole getting to an early lead and trying to coast out the game...

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

*scratching head*

guess that's what I get for being away form teh interwebz all day

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

How's Your Day? Jan 24 - Jan 30

I'm starting out the week with a cold and a pile of work to get done that's way more than I have time for this week. For my birthday tomorrow, I'll likely be putting in a 10-11 hr day while sick :sad029.

So, please tell me some thing cheery to lift my spirits.

4. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

5. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Warning, if you ever lost a loved one in a fixed wing aircraft accident, you might want to avoid this comic, and I apologize for its poor taste.

6. sol92258

7. sol92258

Seriously, Motorola?

$800 (rumored) starting price on the Xoom tablet?

Are they inhaling exploded ipad battery fumes or something?

There's no reason an Android OS device should cost more than an Apple device. Well, maybe the one reason of it's better, but even that doesn't justify it.

Surely that's got to be one of those really high MSRP things. I was thinking like half that. $800 might as well by a freakin' higher powered laptop, or (gasp!) an ipad.

That don't make sense. And for the thought of "but with a 2 year contract"...what is there in a 2 year contract for a WiFi only device?

The mind boggleth.

However, on the plus side, there are rumors of a February 17th launch date.

8. micah1_8

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wanna just kill'em.

We could not have a simpler virus procedure here.

If you get a virus warning on your screen follow these simple steps:

1. Hands away from the computer.
    2. Find Micah

It's a simple 2 step system. Works great--if only these yahoos would stick to procedure.

Now I've got a 20 laptop cart that has no telling how many virus ridden systems on it because procedure wasn't followed. I will likely have to wipe the systems out and reinstall everything from scratch--which is always a joy on laptops--finding all the right drivers and such.

Ugh.

:mad:

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well.. temporary teeth in... wires in my mouth.. bite is off...

blah...

speaking of iPads

District (like all others) is strapped for cash. But hey, lets buy every administrator an iPad so that they can do random walk through evaluations (3+ per semester per teacher). They have an app on their iPads to every minute during a 15 minute walk through to check what the teacher is doing during that minute..

Surely we have more pressing issues to spend that money on...

Lucky me, these new walkthroughs started today, and I was the first. Oh boy...

My bite is still weird and I don't like this wire clasp that is going from the inside of my upper teeth to the outside of my upper teeth. Ugh...

10. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I wonder whether many government entities are basically giving up and getting what they can while they can

11. micah1_8

12. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

temporary teeth? did I miss a post, or is this old news?

and with all the problems funding education, iStuff for teachers does not seem smart. Teacher supplies, maintenance, hiring Micah an assistant... all of these would make better sense.

13. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

How about my plan for improving US schools:

Make every district lay off one administrative position and hire one staff level position (teacher, maintenance, teacher's aid, tech. support, etc.) for each school in the district. Then put the salary difference into maintenance and/or supplies. It won't cost tax payers anything and will instantly improve the quality of the education and employee moral.

14. sol92258

and while we're at it, high school coaches that make 6 figures a year....
    and depending on the school size, administrative positions that make 6 figures a year....

pay the teachers more, stop dumping all the crap on them, and let them do their job, instead of non-stop frivolous, inefficient, unproductive, redundant paperwork, ..............

hang on, gotta take a chill pill...

15. sol92258

apparently I missed it too

16. micah1_8

It all goes back to my philosophy--- technology out of the classroom. Let's focus on training our teachers to teach without the aid of whizbang graphics and swooshy 3d effects. A great teacher can do more with a chalkboard (dry erase board) and an overhead projector than a mediocre teacher can do with a state of the art smartboard and remote control quiz system.

I honestly believe, sometimes, that the whole goal of our national education system is to prevent children from receiving a quality education. The constant changes in standards, the incongruity of standards from state to state, the low incentive, the standardized testing, and various other headaches and boneheaded directions that schools and teachers have to put up with all make me think that our government is working on the principle that it is easier to control an uneducated populace.

I propose we go back to the same portable computers that Laura Ingalls had--it even had a built in calculator!

[​IMG]

Now, on a similar note, anybody had any experience virtualizing a windows desktop from within linux? I'm seriously thinking about loading linux on these laptops and then running windows in a VM on top of it. Any thoughts?

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yup...

But then there are those of use with poor hand writing... yay tech for that save.

I broke a pair of teeth in the last month. One due to slipping on ice while having a cough drop in. The other from biting to an apple. Seeing that they were already crowns and now the roots broke, they have been completely removed. I have been going around for the last week with a missing front tooth. For now, I have a temporary tooth that is basically an acrylic tooth stuck on a retainer type framework. Eventually, I will probably get an implant done. However, those take a lot of time, cost a lot of money, are just aren't an option at the moment. Even when I do start the implant process, I will have to wear this temporary tooth while the screw they will place in my jaw heals... fun fun fun...

18. sol92258

ahh, I do remember you mentioning that one now

19. micah1_8

I hold out hope that one day science will figure out a way for me to grow new teeth.

When that day comes, I'm going to patent teething rings for adults.

20. sol92258

I can only imagine the designs you'll come up with....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.