How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Oddly, I was thinking very tasteful designs. I imagine an "executive" series of small liquid filled plastic cubes in a stately grey or black.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well.... that explains everything. I always thought it looked like a weird cow. Now the country makes much more sense!

4. sol92258

5. sol92258

6. micah1_8

I genuinely despise laptop carts and mobile labs.

That is all.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yup!

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Morning everyone!

Happy Thursday!

We are almost through the week! Woo Hoo!

Maybe this weekend I will actually get some sleep so that I won't be dragging by Thursday. Believe it or not, I feel asleep in the middle of writing this post and have no idea what I was going to originally say.

Must get coffee.....

9. sol92258

:happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108

Woo-bootily-choo-choo-kachoo-Hoo!

Finally got Flash Player 10 pushed out to install on all computers form Active Directory

Hot Dang, gimme a biscuit doughnut!

Me so happy

I've tried pushing software deployment from the server several times with no success, but got a bit of advice from my predecessor, and BANG! it went

Now time for some more updates! I'm so stoked I don't have to go touch every machine now when there's something to install

On a side note, dealing with giving advice and help with server-side things:

Be careful when helping Micah - he may start declaring his undying love for you, get clingy, and offer to buy you McDonald's french fries....you've been warned! :D

10. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Does this still require the user to actually accept the install? Or does it perform a silent install behind-the-scenes?

Great job!

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

As long as he doesn't do silent installs that require a restart. Nothing worse than losing 20 minutes worth of work due to a seemingly random restart followed by "You're computer was recently updated".

12. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

you just described parenthood. for me, anyway. I hear from parents with grown children that it never stops; they continue being your children no matter how old they get. and we, the Tired Parents, will always need coffee. Preferably with an extra shot of espresso.

I am the walrus? :happy102

you got McDonald's french fries? I want McDonald's french fries! you better share! :D

13. sol92258

I have it silent
    yes, I HATE that!
    doubly so, since we use Deep Freeze here. We have a Windows Update Server that GPO that shuts down DF on certain days, depending on campus, so that updates can apply.
    Problem is, sometimes they don't fully apply correctly, and DF comes back on in the middle of the restart, and then the cycle goes on and on and on and on and on......

:think002

oh, I don't have them yet, he's only offered so far....

14. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

it's a Beatles reference. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnpil_pRUiw

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    If Jim actually needs an explanation for that, I am sorely disappointed in him. :eek:

Based on some of y'all's posts it looks like I am not the only one having a good day. Awesome!

16. micah1_8

Okay, so I typed out an e-mail and bcc'd it to several people I work with to tell them about my wife's Valentine's giveaway, but I think that the spam filters may have eaten it. :(

I contemplated copying and pasting the text of the e-mail here, but I didn't want to get kicked for spamming.

If any of you are interested in more details, please pm me, and I'll send you further info.

Is it kosher to do that, mods? I won't be offended if you edit this post.

17. sol92258

ahh, I guess I'm not familiar enough with that one. I know I've heard it before, but probably only once or twice

you can't be just regular disappointed in me? I mean, I don't want you to be sore...

"good day" is probably quite a stretch, I had a good moment that I posted about earlier, but the rest of the day has been kinda meh...

also, you're having a good day?
    despite claiming your couch as officially evil?

18. Queen of Blades

I'm constantly sore anyways, so no biggie. ;)

Don't do that. :( Everything has been so uuggghhhh lately. It made me feel even lower because everyone seemed to be having a rough time lately.

Yep! I had a nice time out of the house. Then........the couch got me. :eek:

My couch is evil because it tries to keep me all to itself, like it's been doing for the past month or so.

19. sol92258

aww, well that sucks

well, everything's not as bad as it has been for me...either that, or I've just adjusted and things don't seem as bad as before....or something

smart couch, I'd say...

20. Queen of Blades

Darn sweet-talkers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.