How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I didn't know Westminster had a Savile Row. As far as I'm concerned, there is only one Savile Row, and it's in London. That's like saying a Weishi is a Gillette because they are/were made using the same patent.

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I just finished writing my CMA case exam. My arm is cramped up. :( But after writing 21 pages in 4 hours (including exhibits with financial statements, calculations, NPV tables...etc), I am feeling pretty good...mainly because its over lol!

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

MY BEAUTIFUL COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    16 hours a day on Mon & Tues, 10 today...finally get some time to relax.

lradke likes this.
  4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

BGDAAAAAAAA! A/C is broke. It's 100 degrees or so outside. Temp is climbing inside. Repair people think they *might* be able to replace the condenser tomorrow. If it comes in in time. If that doesn't happen we're gonna have to stay with friends.

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Oh indeed. However, it's pronounced "civil r-OW" or is it "throatwarbler mangrove"? I keep forgetting. :(

6. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

No Like...If you lived closer you'd be more than welcome, even though our A/C is getting its butt kicked by this heat. It's in desperate need of replacing, but it's just not in then realm of possibility right now.

Still struggling with this mimio package deployment - it *acts* like it's installing, takes about 20 minutes then comes to logon screen, but nothing's installed. Gonna hafta to give up and install manually I guess (it's a commonly documented problem with this program, not deploying correctly). I know something is wrong when it takes over 20 minutes to install via GPO....Adobe CS5 doesn't even take that long, and it's MUCH larger than mimiostudio (3.5 Gigs vs. mimio's <300 Megs).
    Probably gonna throw the towel in on this one, got too much other stuff backed up to waste anymore time on it.....though, on the plus side, I'm racking up a good bit of overtime - imaging and deploying over 800 Macbooks over a week kinda takes a good bit of time (hit 40 hours this morning already, and probably gonna need to work some on Saturday - I hate the time away from family, but the $$ is much needed right now)

7. richgem

One for you, Jim....

[​IMG]

asleep2shave and sol92258 like this.
  8. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

9. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Thank you!

Good news is that the new condenser is installed and the warranty covered 90 percent of the cost. Indoor temp is under 85. The kids have stopped complaining about the heat. Bad news is we need to replace the interior a/c components. From what I hear, they're cheaper than the condenser.

sol92258 likes this.
  10. richgem

It might be even cheaper to just send the kids to sleep-away Summer Camp. :D

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

heh. they don't normally take 4 year olds. I wish they did, though. I wish they did.

12. sol92258

13. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I'm working on another book cover! Wish I could share it with you guys and get your input, but the author is funny about that sort of thing.

sol92258 likes this.
  14. Neolithium

So my car, which has passed inspection in 4 other provinces apparently doesn't meet the high and mighty Alberta standard. Great waste of $200. I could get it fixed, but I'm using this opportunity to go truck shopping. My wife is gonna kill me....

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

What did they claim was wrong with it?

16. sol92258

17. sol92258

:signs021:

18. Neolithium

Slightly over $1000 worth of stuff. But, I was thinking that my car only seats 5 as it is, with our family of six, I can get myself a decent used truck that will seat all of us - redid the budget on my super fancy excel and there's actually plenty of room, I found out where I have been bleeding out money lol.

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Jim, your avatar is the perfect reminder for the Czar to bring your required allotment of peanuts this week! :happy088:

20. richgem

Actually, he still owes me back taxes on cheddar, so we're just gonna call it even.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.