How's Your Day? August 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's a dark (which is the category of my subscription). But, it's not an oily dark. Someone might call it a "lighter dark" or a very dark medium, maybe.

swarden43 likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_1073.JPG

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Today started off amazing, my wife and I woke up before the alarm clock!! She made me and herself such an epic breakfast, epic! Huevos rancheros, I had 4 eggs and 5 tortillas (corn)...
    It was so good that when she left for work I went into my room to put my shoes on, I laid down for what was supposed to be 5 minutes. Well 2 hours later I woke up.
    I'm so thankful for being blessed with such a great wife. Blessed.

AGHisBBS, RyX, Intrigued and 2 others like this.
  5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Looks like a wet week in store for those of us on or near the Texas coast.
    upload_2017-8-25_14-7-8.png

AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  6. Yossarian04

Yossarian04 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's supposed to rain pretty hard here in Austin. I hope there is a Port A to go to this summer.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had to get a platelet-rich plasma injection for my Achilles tendinitis. Right now, it's still numb from the local.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. richgem

With all the doctors you've seen this week (what's up doc?), Sara, I hope you're collecting points toward a free visit or something.

RaZorBurn123 and Sara-s like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Gonna be a long one. Taking the youngest back to college at Gettysburg. Four hours out, unload the pickup, four hours back.

RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It really ought to work that way.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

"How are you?" A commonly heard phrase in everyday interactions as you move around doing the activities that make life happen.
    My automatic response is," About half." That makes folks stop and actually look at me. Not "Fine, and you?" as they expected to hear in the bland automatic conversational style.
    I've explained my seemingly non sequitur answer to many sales clerks and random passer by's raised eyebrows with this response.
    "Half! Could be better, might get worse. The balance point on a teeter totter where I'm not bumping my butt on the ground and I won't suffer coming down from a great height."
    Hurricane Harvey has me thinking about packing to bug out to high ground. Still waiting to hear if it heads back into the Gulf to strengthen and head my way. So far only seen the uncharacteristic rain in what's normally a hot dry August.
    For those in the path of Harvey - exercise your American Spirit. Don't wait for others to fix the problems. Be part of the solution. Get you & yours to safe ground if you can. Shelter in place if you can't. Property and possessions can be repaired or replaced. The community is family, friend, and neighbors. Stay strong!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

We're getting a light rain & 10-15mph wind now, but nothing different than any other summer shower. In fact, we have all the windows open, enjoying the coolness (last week was triple digits nearly every day). But the news has been making it sound like the Apocalypse, of course.

13. RetLEO-07

"You're either part of the problem, part of the solution or just part of the landscape."

RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My foot is still sore, but I can put my weight on it. So I went out for a bit, to run some errands in the neighborhood. Now I'm going to ice my foot & work on my plans to take over the world.

richgem likes this.
  15. richgem

I could loan you a couple penguinators if you think they will help. For a cut of the action of course.

Sara-s likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'd love some help from the Penguinators. They can have all the herring they want, once I rule the world.

17. richgem

Have your people talk to my people and I'm sure we can come to an ... arrangement.

Sara-s likes this.
  18. RetLEO-07

IMG_0265.JPG
    Back in solitary again 'cause one of our younger guys quit.
    So this morning.....
    IMG_0454.JPG

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Stayin' home while some electrical work needed for the CO (certificate of occupancy) is being done.
    Thawing out some hamburger to toss on the grill later this evening.

Time to catch up with Louis L'Amour's Bendigo Shafter.

20. RetLEO-07

Double bonus, burgers on the grill and a Louie L'Amour novel. Only thing missing is cigar.

swarden43 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.