How's your day? December 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Dec 1, 2017.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

oops. :rofl:

I mean, ummm, I would never! (Isn't being Canadian bad enough?)

Erik Redd and mrchick like this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Moose comment.png

richgem and Erik Redd like this.
  3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My daughter (grade 4) has a repurposing project in school, where she has to take old household items and turn them into something useful.

Her ideas:
    - Programmable computer
    - Tesla Coil
    - RC Car
    - Anything else as long as it's electronic!

She is leaning heavily on the computer, and asked what stuff we had that she could use. I told her we have some old phones and I have female usb connectors we could use to allow a keyboard or something to be plugged in.

We're gonna decide tomorrow on the final project then she'll get to work!

Last year she made a piano with 4 keys that actually worked (spoons, wind chimes, string, and a box....her own idea), so I have no doubt she'll figure out the computer!

(I have no idea who's kids I'm raising most of the time...they are geniuses compared to me)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Intrigued, AGHisBBS, richgem and 3 others like this.
  4. Slipperyjoe

Sounds really interesting and best of luck. If your daughter decides to go with the Tesla coil just make sure she doesn't accidentally electrolize the earth's atmosphere. Some of those Tesla devices could be nasty..:eek:

lradke likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, the white stuff is coming down..as predicted. 4-8 inches perhaps. I'm off to the gym in a while, where I can do something besides watch it come down.

Slipperyjoe, Erik Redd and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2017-12-9_13-11-2.png

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

So, Thursday I look at Accuweather to check the temp, and it says snow in 32 minutes...I say "what? seriously". No, literally, I say that out loud to my phone. So I look at the radar, and sure enough it shows blue/white sections on the radar, and it's heading my way. Cool. Unexpected, but cool.
    30 minutes go by. 35. 45. Over an hour, nothing. And it's passed. No snow in NE Texas. However, an hour to the north did. Dallas area did. South of here did, I know Houston got some snow. Louisiana, Mississippi, even my family in Mobile, Alabama got freaking snow!
    My pastor mentioned Sunday morning about his time in Mexico the previous week, and the snow that fell there. In Mexico. But not here. Nope. Although that didn't stop WalMart from running out of milk and bread anyway....

macaronus, mrchick and Erik Redd like this.
  8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

As a kid I worked at a business here on Long Island called Dairy Barn, basically a drive through convince store. Every time it snowed the lines would block the street for blocks and we'd sell every scrap of bread and almost all the milk. The kick was after the snow. The company had a "take all returns" policy. People would actually return the bread and milk. Talk about taking advantage.

mrchick and Erik Redd like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It's surprising they took back perishables unless there was a problem, it certainly doesn't seem like a wise policy.

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  10. lradke

She wants to...I'm trying to get her to do the computer because of safety...but it would be a mini one, like 3 inches tall max.

********"

Well I got a job offer today! The place that called back to interview me last week. I'm waiting on a few questions to be answered but he really liked who I was and is excited to see me work in the industry.

This place pays decent and the experience would be insane!!! They specialize in off-road equipment which is exactly what I want to work on!

I can't believe I got an offer...it's the first one in 2.5 years of being unemployed!!

11. richgem

:bounce017::bounce015::bounce017:

lradke likes this.
  12. Slipperyjoe

:happy096:Best of luck in the new job!..

lradke likes this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Woo-hoo!! :happy108:

lradke likes this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Congratulations, that’s great news!

lradke likes this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

hooray2.gif

lradke likes this.
  16. richgem

I watched Despicable Me 3 last night on Amazon. IMHO, the best Minion movie yet and we all know how sequels usually go. :( It seemed to have the most coherent (sorta) plot and I got the most laughs from this one.

mrchick likes this.
  17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A while back I had read (can't remember where) that the odd number sequels (3, 5 etc) seem to do better than the even number sequels.

18. richgem

Hmmm... interesting if true.

19. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

The "customer is right" policy was an easy answer for a business staffed by mostly teenagers. I guess what they saved in salary made up for a few returns, and of course any return was removed from inventory.

mrchick and Erik Redd like this.
  20. lradke

I'm a freaking nervous wreck. I start work today and am scared out of my wits! :S. They hired me because they like who I am, but I'm normally treated like crap at work, so it all seems too good to be true. :S

Sorry, I'm just freaking out!

AGHisBBS, capsfanx and mrchick like this.