How's your day? February 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hear, hear!
    Sending best wishes and prayers for uneventful but succesful procedures!

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Today is another snow day from school. I think we got away with it yesterday as it really didn't start getting bad until early evening, but today the wind is howling and roads are icy and drifted. Today's predicted high is 29.

macaronus and Boojum1 like this.
  3. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

This was my audience for my shave this morning - my Granddaughter Elli. I have been "babysitting" this little doll for a little over three years. She likes to watch, play in the soap, and comment on the scent. It was a great shave and a great way to start the day.:happy093:

Elli.JPG

Bussemand, wmbjr, Troy M and 7 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Wow, I must say!!

Redrock likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

She's a sweetie! :happy088:
    Enjoy the quality time together!

6. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I bet I'm the only man in the world who could shave with a Blue Tip and end up with two dozen weepers.

macaronus likes this.
  7. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I'm a month away from my next round of Euflexa shots. Right there witcha.

macaronus likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I guess it's a gift! :p

Hope your skin has a gift for quick healing!

Thanx! Luckily I'm getting better. That is, standing is no problem, but when I walk I must take care not to push with my toes. That hurts in my knee (backside). So the limp is still there, but less pronounced. ;)

Intrigued and Redrock like this.
  9. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Working today. For you who dont know i Work during the days when I have time and one of my parttime Jobs is at a highschool. Today has been a little challanging, but nothing i cant handle.

I understand that working Everyday in a crowded enviroment takes a toll on you. But if a person decides to become a teacher why do they complain about every single thing?

It's difficult, I keep hearing so much negativity. THAT takes a toll on me. If they feel bad, why dump all that on their colleagues

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Slow Joe, Intrigued, Boojum1 and 3 others like this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I understand you, mate. Hearing negative things does take a toll on you. Keep concentrating on the positive things, and you'll feel better! You might consider to tell 'em that. In a polite way, of course... ;) And hopefully they'll listen.

Slow Joe, Intrigued and Omelmad like this.
  11. Omelmad

I try to ignore the negativity but they draw you in haha.

I wouldn't say that. I'm not there enough to make a difference. But I try my best not to treat the kids differently even though a teacher says "this kid is no good" or whatever

Slow Joe, Redrock and macaronus like this.
  12. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you brother. The negative stuff can certainly wear on one. Please say positive and make a difference. Other people see you and something different. In the long run it will count.

Omelmad, Intrigued and macaronus like this.
  13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good on ya! :eatdrink047:

Slow Joe, Intrigued and Redrock like this.
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Dropped off wife and younger son at the airport this morning at 7:00am. They are off to see my parent in Acapulco (who spend 6-8wks) for one week. I'm staying back with eldest son. I'm not going for a few reasons.
    1) Older son is causing grief and wants to change his college career while in final year.
    2) Saving my vacation time as I have less than my wife for Australian guest staying 28th May to 18th June.
    3) Wife needs to recharge during winter here, while I'm OK this year.

macaronus, Intrigued and Redrock like this.
  15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Good for you Omar! The world needs more people like you. :happy096: In times of great negativity focus on the day's successes. Try to think of 3 good things that happened today. Enjoy your successes. You'll live longer.

Robyflexx, Omelmad and Redrock like this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@Omelmad I have yet to work at a job where NO ONE complained. Sad. I figure if it's worth complaining about, it's worth looking for a new job. My job isn't perfect, but it's the Lord's provision for me, so I don't complain.

17. Omelmad

I will try and do my best not to become negative like them. But to be honest some part of me gets affected by it

I want to stay positive and keep being a positive force in their lives. They are so
    Impressionable.

I still remember the teachers telling us "I get payed no matter if you do your assignments or not". And THAT I tell you is messed up!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
    Slow Joe, Boojum1 and Intrigued like this.
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Agreed! Very messed up. Try to remember the good teachers you had. They were a positive force in your life, just like you are in your students lives. :happy088:

Intrigued, Robyflexx and Omelmad like this.
  19. Omelmad

I complain about work too sometimes. But then I remember I choose to come to work, no one forces me.

For me this is a temporary job, I know what I will have later but for now I'm not gonna let anyone drag me down

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Post-vacation laundry day. :(

Intrigued likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.