How's your day? February 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Huh !! :think002:

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I bet it is. But it does beg the question of why someone was trying to put a needle in your eye?

Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Praying all went well, JoAnna!

Queen of Blades and Robyflexx like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Cross her heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in her eye????

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hope all went well!

Queen of Blades and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Not a bad day. I had a gel injection for my knee; it's a pretty painless process and gives me good relief. Then I made a quick grocery run. Now I'm home, in the company of my hubby & lots of bears (of the Teddy variety.)

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks! It went ok, I guess. From my side of things it looks like I have an olive slice floating near the bottom of my vision. It's not visible to others.. Also my eyes are real tired today. It's hard to read.

8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

IMG_20160211_183412.jpg

Intrigued and Queen of Blades like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife blew the engine out of her 1993 Toyota Camry. Instead of buying another car or a new car she wants to put a rebuilt engine in the car. So now the car is in a shop having a rebuilt engine put in, 50,000 miles on the motor and a 6 month warranty. It's her car and she loves this car! Total bill $1,560 she'll pick it up no later than Monday.
    Happy wife. Happy life.

10. Robyflexx

Kerry, that's a very fair price for a rebuild. I'm glad she likes it cause it's probably going to last a lifetime now. Yotas run foreveeeeeeer! :scared011:

11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I thought so too. She loves her car and is very comfortable in it.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had a 2003 Camry which I totaled..loved the car. I now hhave a 2008 Chevy Cobalt, which has taken over as my favorite.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. richgem

I too went to the eye doc today. All is well; just needed new readers.

Get better fast @Queen of Blades

14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Another option for Japanese engines is buying a low mileage engine from JDM importers. Cheaper than rebuilds. Know of a 2 people who have had good success.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well I got my Nexus 5x the other day and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! The screen is crazy sharp compared to my S4, it runs insanely fast...I honestly don't know if I'm ever going to hack it because it is running so perfect for me!

Now for work, I only have one client...but hopefully she will refer me to her friends. Fingers crossed...

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Gotta start with one, Luke! The Minions are crossing their fingers as well!

tim_the_minion.png

RaZorBurn123 and lradke like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today, I had to call the post office about a package they were supposed to pick up yesterday, but didn't. Then I had to call Verizon to register a complaint about poor tech support. (The guy had one & only one suggestion, after which he went straight to suggesting a service call, for which I would have to pay.) The actual problem was that I had dislodged a cable, and it was a bit difficult to reconnect. Once I figured out how, I had my phone, TV & net back up. If I could figure that out, I can't see why he didn't even suggest checking it.
    So it was an annoying start to the day, but the package has been picked up, my home is reconnected to the outside world again and life is really not so bad.

18. Robyflexx

Way to deal with incompetence Sara! :happy088:

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hmmm... wind chill at 3 degrees. Snow on the ground. Not much, but it's there. What to do, what to do???

I know! I'll ask a bunch of friends over, fire up the grill (charcoal, of course, with a few chunks of hickory just to make things taste better), toss on some burgers, dogs and chicken! Have a cookout!! Beans, chips, plenty of soda, the works!!

So we did. Ate inside, to be sure, but had a great time!

20. richgem

I just told the Limecat that I'm flying up for the weather tonight. It's going to be warmer just outside of Winnipeg tonight than here in CT. Even the penguins are cold tonight.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.