How's your day? February 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It's a bit chilly here too. I started a fire in the firepit so I wouldn't have to put on a long sleeve shirt tonite.
    upload_2016-2-13_20-47-58.png

Troy M and Robyflexx like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:angry019:

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Excellent idea! But why did the sauce have to be so hot?

minion barbecue 01.jpg

Hillbilly79, Halvor, lradke and 7 others like this.
  4. richgem

Hahaha. He almost turned purple.

macaronus likes this.
  5. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Our second son drove to the airport last night to pick up is Austrian girlfriend who will be with us for 5 weeks. We haven't seen her for 5 years, so we are very excited (not as excited as they are!) and then we are flying our oldest and his girl for a long weekend coming up in early March. Can't wait to have them all here at once. Our youngest son is extremely excited to have his 2 best girls around with his big brothers.

Oh, and not to rub it in, but our weather in Southern Colorado for the week will be in the 60's and 70's.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My wife's car won't be ready until Tuesday, Monday is a holiday. ;) Happy Valentines Day!! :angelic013: 73 and sunny today:happy005:

macaronus likes this.
  7. richgem

Presently -24 with the windchill. -5 actual temp.

Troy M likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Bitter cold here. The only time I figure to be outside is a quick trip to the local drugstore for some personal hygiene items. Will be good to warm up the car a bit. Just saw a "slideshow" on the origins of chocolate. It was interesting stuff to learn, but only ONE slide was devoted to dark chocolate. I think DC deserved more than THAT.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

that's one reason I'm looking at a few southern areas as I research a possible move to Colorado.

10. richgem

Mike, is that your BBQ/pizza oven/whatever-it-is or did you pull that off the internet?

macaronus likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's a really cold morning here- 4 degrees F. So far I have made a new grip for one of my bows, from Sugru rubber. (The stuff sets in about half an hour,, after exposure to air.) Right now I'm trying to work with my student, but she has a bad internet connection today. Hopefully, I can get her back on line.

macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Cold is relative to where you live. Yesterday while driving my younger son to work in the morning my car registered -23c / -10F so far the coldest day of the year. I later confirmed the car outside temp to be correct. -23.3c

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Just found out the restaurant at which I have dinner reservations is closed on Sundays. How'd that happen?

14. richgem

You'd think they'd be open to cash in on the Valentines crowd.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

brrr..

[​IMG]

Erik Redd and CyanideMetal like this.
  16. ssultan

ssultan Well-Known Member

Was -41 degrees with the windchill yesterday. A little warmer today at -37 degrees. Really looking forward to the summer.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Red Rider

Real temp ? Wind chill ratings can be very deceiving and carry hype.

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. ssultan

ssultan Well-Known Member

-31 degrees yesterday with strong winds, no hype, and -27 with wind today. In my Canada goose parka I was starting to feel it after about 30 minutes of working outside. Just one of those winter mornings.

Red Rider and Robyflexx like this.
  19. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

BUT, it feels like 63.

richgem and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Red Rider

Had some old fashion desserts from a local Danish pastry shop. Simple quality ingredients that come together in a way words can not do justice to.
    image.jpeg

Bussemand and Robyflexx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.