How's Your Day? June 2020

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, May 31, 2020.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

image-asset.jpeg

Frijolero, Intrigued and brit like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Isn’t snorkeling gear redundant on a penguin?
    Interesting day today. I gave an archery lesson (socially distant, of course.). It started raining, so we had to cut it short, but just by 10 minutes, which I will make up on the next one.

Frijolero likes this.
  3. richgem

Indeed! That's Langdon, one of the hipster cousins. He was probably wearing the gear ironically. :rolleyes:

Sara-s likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A little exciting archery news (for me.). My archery coach also has a small shop, that is his part-time business. Because I am one of his students, he has offered to get a new tournament bow at cost. That will save me at least $500.00.
    The bow will be a PSE compound bow. More about this once we get the process started.

5. richgem

Makin more pasta today. I probably should start socially distancing myself from my kitchen.:rolleyes:

Intrigued and Sara-s like this.
  6. richgem

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Erik Redd likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Didja have to use a megaphone to shout your instructions to your student? :), or was there a sign You don't have to be THAT socially distant?

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

richgem likes this.
  9. richgem

:rofl:

burnout961 and Erik Redd like this.
  10. richgem

OTOH, 6+ ft away from a student with a nocked arrow is probably wise under non-covid circumstances as well.

Sara-s likes this.
  11. richgem

First ever meringue / pavlova base

IMG_20200612_190952.jpg

Sara-s and Intrigued like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am learning about all kinds if new AD’s. I already have BHAD (brush handle AD), BAD (bow AD) and now SMAD (sewing machine AD) as I just got a computerized embroidery machine. This is the kind that it used for monograms on clothing, etc. See below:
    37974323-AA3F-4916-B1B6-4E99094B2BD2.jpeg
    Apparently, there is another disorder related to SMAD- it’s called FSBLE- fabric stash beyond life expectancy.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Paul Turner likes this.
  13. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

My day is going fine but not so much for my neighbors across the street. Yesterday Bob passed away. He was 97 and had a good life, so a somber occasion but not a sad one. But this morning there were police and fire and paramedics out in front of the house a second time for a just a few minutes, followed shortly thereafter by the undertaker. There was noone else elderly or ill in the house and I haven't yet heard who it was who passed. Two deaths in two days, one of them apparently tragic.
    Maybe the oddest moment was with their dog. It's normally a house dog but it walked out the open front door and distinctly moped out on the front porch for quite some time. I watched several of the family members come out and try to bring it in, but it would not be moved.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am sorry about your neighbor. I am not surprised about the dog; they can be quite sensitive to the loss of a family member.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

My big "success" today was getting my "REAL ID" set to be delivered. Should be a week or so. My old license expired on my birthday but the new extension date was Sept 30, . . I decided, ahh what the heck and went for the REAL ID, which we all have to have anyway, beginning 10/21/21.. It's good to be a AAA member when there's one close by. Beats going to the RMV.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Sara-s likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got my new target bow today. This will be used for outdoor shooting. Here it is;
    6304B75A-20E4-4307-8400-4C5C3C48E655.jpeg

17. richgem

For those wondering, here's the target.
    268x0w.png

gorgo2, Erik Redd and Sara-s like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Wow, I forgot how far you should pull the bow back before you let fly.

Sara-s likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Is anyone else embarrassed that Old Spice is sponsoring the new "SpongeBob SquarePants" movie?