How's your day?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by micah1_8, Jan 27, 2023.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Some kids just need to be sent to their rooms until they're 30.:(

Hembree and macaronus like this.
  2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Trying out the "bronze" Lamy cartridge in my Terra Red Safari pen, it keeps going from an acceptable bronze/dark orange color to a lighter, much more orange color. I may not have cleaned out the pen well enough from the previous black-blue ink, but I definitely like the darker color when it flows. I had feared that it would be more orange than bronze when I ordered it, but at the time I hadn't found brown, and have now. And yes, I do have converters for it, but haven't gotten a jar of ink yet LOL.

Hembree and macaronus like this.
  3. sol92258

Well, after a few days, the "bronze" turned out how I expected...orange. Then, nothing at all. Tried cleaning the nib, very little ink came out. Tried gently squeezing the cartridge, nothing. Removed cartridge - no mess. Tried sqeezing the cartridge over the bowl of water, barely got a drop out, so something must be wrong with that cartridge.....and my feelings are not hurt, at all. Threw that one away, grabbed one of the new brown cartridges I had recently found and ordered....MUCH better.

Been playing with the new Olight Arkfeld UV that arrived yesterday, been lots of fun. Men's restroom was very surprisingly clean, kudos and hat off to our custodians for this building, great job, except.......well, the wall under the soap dispenser closest to the door, which by chance is the one everyone uses nearly every time, looks pretty awful under UV, lol. Ironically, the soap is the dirtiest looking area.

So, far the day is starting off pretty decent, but that can change dramatically at any moment, so enjoying it while I can.

macaronus likes this.
  4. sol92258

When it rains it pours.....
    Besides the effects of inflation and rising costs of everything, in the past two weeks having to deal with:
    needed new tires on family/primary vehicle (they've always been expensive, but daaang)
    kiddo was in a minor vehicle accident, still waiting on insurance to say what they're gonna do...and kiddo and other person are okay
    serious winds through Houston a couple days ago tore off some shingles from the roof
    and many other unmentioned things, none of which are particularly major, but when they all hit at once, definitely overwhelming
    But, we're still alive and healthy, despite the circumstances can't really complain, it doesn't do any good any way. Thankful no friends or family were directly impacted by the huge tornado outbreak the other day, several of them are in Little Rock and are okay, but I know many folks have been devasted by the events, prayers for them to recover and find healing.

macaronus likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Cat had three last night.

123_1_20230420_102640.jpeg

Enrico likes this.
  6. sol92258

looks like a purrball

7. richgem

Go me! :D

LCG_penguin-day-infographic-791x1024.jpg

swarden43 and wristwatchb like this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

richgem likes this.
  9. sol92258

My daughter's internship two summers ago, part of it was with the penguins, and she loved the penguins, a lot of fun she says....

but she doesn't want to do it anymore, says they poop too much

Enrico and richgem like this.
  10. sol92258

Man, "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" situation here.....
    Except it's not a mirror, it's out the front windshield, figuratively speaking.....
    Oldest offspring's final final is today, then she is a college grad....gradu.......*gulp* graduate

Wow

Like, really, wow.

Gonna be a tough week. Somewhat for me, but mainly trying to deal with and support Momma haha

Enrico, Shaver X and richgem like this.
  11. richgem

Well, you know what they say: kids grow up but parents just get older.:scared001:

sol92258 likes this.
  12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Congratulations to your daughter!

Why a tough week instead of being totally stoked? Graduating from college is an excellent thing. I remember it was a matter of pride for my parents when I graduated, and they were well pleased with my achievement.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  13. sol92258

:happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097:

Oh we're very proud and excited, definitely happy and rejoicing, but....more emotionally tough thinking about the next step and moving off a little further away and adulting, it's gonna have Mom crying a lot LOL. But yes, definitely very stoked for her.

14. sol92258

Well, we survived....

15. sol92258

Amazing day this past Saturday. Went down to Galveston to visit the beach, relax after last weekend, do some fishing.
    Wife went out into the water while I changed out of my tennis shoes to put on my Vibram five fingers I use for beach/kayaking. Barely got my shoes off when my wife shouted my name and said come here quick.
    So I walked out there, wondering what she sees. Can't be a fish, it would have swam off by now. She didn't scream, so not a snake or a shark. Maybe a crab? Maybe a dolphin swimming around?
    Nope. Got out there, and there's dozens of stingrays swimming about. Dozens, they just kept swimming by. Some small pancake size, a lot of medium-ish ones, and few that I wouldn't be able to wrap my arms around.
    Never seen stingrays out in the wild before, all the beach trips in my life, from Texas to Florida, have never seen them out in the wild. That was very cool.

[​IMG][​IMG]

macaronus likes this.
  16. sol92258

Know what else I'd never seen in the wild before this past Saturday?
    An animal I clearly really really like?
    <-------

[​IMG][​IMG]

At least a dozen little black tip sharks. Believe it or not, as much as I love sharks, had yet to see them in the wild, and I look for them. I'm absolutely sure I've been around them many times, but not seen them yet.

Great weekend.

(sorry about the not clear pictures, forgot the FauxPro, and, it's Galveston....which the water was actually pretty clear that day)

macaronus and gorgo2 like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'll never look at the head of a TTO the same.

richgem likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Resize_20230529_161019_9563.jpg
    Found out what's been making noise around my place at night, and digging holes in the yard. There's four of them.

macaronus likes this.
  19. sol92258

Got to experience the, umm, experience of flying for the first time in my life last week. Mostly good trip, no problem with the flight, though my wife has flown a few times before and still gets anxious, I was actually quite calm - despite my serious dislike of crowds and being crammed together with strangers.
    Enjoyed Hawaii, honestly first "real" trip/vacation for me.

richgem likes this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

IHOP coffee blows.