I am done wasting my money.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark, Mar 6, 2015.

1. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Wow you are one lucky guy. Please report back as I would love to hear how that shaves. I've never had a Merkur let alone a future. Now I do love my birth year slim. But that futur is very "futuristic"

Daytonkb likes this.
  2. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

The ikon open comb is a very mild stainless steel razor it's a little cheaper than att

BigMark and clint64 like this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

The issue I have is the coating. I find it very ugly. If I could find an unopened uncoated razor I would think about it. I do appreciate the input though. I hate to admit it but I might be leaning towards the Feather.

Bristle Me likes this.
  4. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

the feathers are some good looking razors but I just don't know if I could spend that much for such a mild razor. Maybe you can find a used one for sell to reduce the depreciation loss on it LOL (now razors are like cars)

5. BigMark

Lol. I ended up buying another NOS Travel Tech , paid more than I wanted too but still way cheaper than a Feather or any other SS razor. Also got a OSS handle coming as well.

clint64 and Ceferguson like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I just took a look at the prices. Dang, razors are really expensive now if you buy in the online wetshaving stores! Amazon has much more reasonable prices, so it make sense to shop there instead. The Merkur 34C I bought for $35 seven years ago is now $50 in the wetshaving stores, but only $37 on Amazon. Edwin Jagger DE89 razors that cost $40 cost only $28 on Amazon. Amazon rules!

BigMark likes this.
  7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I have a cased, mint Ball End Tech set I've been wanting to sell. It was made in Argentina.

BigMark and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I like my Weber and my ATT Razors. They are american made.

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Going to Montreal soon to visit my son and his family see if I can find where Gillette manufactured DE razors and hopefully buy a few that where made there in Canada.

macaronus likes this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I wrote a very diplomatic letter to the MERKUR Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG Solingen. I will post there reply when and if I get one. I prefer my 34C over the Barber Pole, for me anyway. :happy088:

Daytonkb likes this.
  12. BigMark

What!? Id almost be willing to trade you a Fatboy , wait I might actually be willing to! It has some grassing but I just have it sitting in a drawer?.

13. Ryan B

It's worth less than $30 shipped. A Fat boy would be an uneven trade on a razor that I wouldn't use. I bought it for $34 shipped, used it a few times, and then put it up.

It also has a full box of Gillette Blue blades and a blade card that came with it. I'll have to send you pictures.

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Send me some pictures also.

15. Ryan B

Pm me your email and I'll send them soon.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

If I had a dollar, I suppose it could get me a tiny Rise Shave Cream at Dollar Store/Cub(whatever the place is called).

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mark,
    My Feather AS-D2 is of the FINEST quality. Consider it.

19. recon813

recon813 New Member

Nicely put Marine!

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I wrote a letter to them a few months ago, and haven't had any response yet.