I don't know how you guys who wet shave do it at a sink...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Oldschoolpaulie, Jan 15, 2019.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I've been rethinking and then remembered that I still have some shaving oil. One way to find out if this works. So: to the shower, oil and razor at hand.

Body soap: Old Spice Bearglove.
    Oil: kruidvat - about 5 or 6 drops (Kruidvat is a Dutch beauty shop franchise. Doesn't work. I'm still ugly as heck).
    Razor: Philite
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue

During the shave I just put my chin and thoat under the shower head. The more water, the slickier it was, because the oil didn't wash off like soap does.

Result: a quick and excellent shave!

I may revisit the shower shave when I'm doggone tired and/or am in need of a quick shower and shave. ;)

Frijolero, brit and Hembree like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    When I had a beard, I would use a Mach 3 to shave my neck in the shower about every other day. Since 2011, I shave the correct way and at the sink. When we moved to North Cackalacky, I remodeled our bathroom, and I raised my BR counter 3.5 inches. Now, when I bend over, it is not as far. I can complete a two pass shave and cleanup in less than 10 minutes.

macaronus, Frijolero, brit and 5 others like this.
  3. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Agree with the raised vanity. I recently had our new ones raised about 4 inches during our bathrooms reno.

BlaydRunner, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. johniem

johniem New Member

Sink shaver. There's not enough elbow room to shave in the shower. I would have to develop a whole new grip to hold the razor.

macaronus, BigMark83, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Aw don't say that. You're the most handome Minion I've ever known!

macaronus and Frijolero like this.
  6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thank you, that's vewwy sweet!
    kisses.gif

Frijolero and Sara-s like this.