I have a Vintage DE Razor PIF for you

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Rev579, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

brit likes this.
  2. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Congratulations, @brit !

Thank you @Rev579 for an generous and original PIF!

brit likes this.
  3. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

I can't understand if this is still actual...
    Anyway, I'd like to add my cent.

The best thing about graduating High School is that is over!
    As a Foreign Exchange Student, graduating HS has been interesting more on the general side of the experience, less on the curricular one! After graduating i still had 4 years avidly waiting for me in Italy!
    And I hated studying!

I most miss all experiences connected to an year spent in the US especially in 1964: I faced a completely new world!
    On the footprints of Columbus...

Curious enough, what i wish I could have achieved is the possibility of teaching English to my fellows students during Senior Teaching Days, just to explain them what is English to a foreigner, why in Italy, when studying English, teachers kept annoying us with words spelling, etc.
    They spoke it naturally, but did not know what that means!

Rev579 likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I took a year of Spanish in high school. 1976? It's been a while. Over the years I have had the opportunity to try to keep up my skills. All the words sound familiar. I can copy, mimic, repeat what someone says. Without constant use I don't remember what the words mean.

When I worked with a gentleman from Belarus I learned a couple phrases, a few words for common tools we used in our profession, and the profanities used when a tool slipped and injured us.. That was much later in life when my brain was not so young. Very little of my Russian language skills survive.

Being born in Louisiana, USA there is a strong French connection. Our history and culture were influenced by both French Canadians and Parisians. A language formed called Cajun Creole that is a mix of English, 200 year old French, American Indian, and African. There was an attempt by "right thinking" government and education officials to eradicate the language by forbidding it's use in schools. I didn't learn it because my maternal grandmother who did speak it married a Dutch-American. My mother didn't learn it. Part of my Culture and Heritage is lost. If I can get my grandchildren interested in French language they will teach me.

AlfredoT, Rev579, brit and 1 other person like this.
  5. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

Curious enough, Spanish is a very difficult language to me, instead i can manage 'traveller's' German and French.

And Russian is far too hard for me!

Dpn't know much about Cajun Creaole language, but many places in the world use century's old languages: by Sardinia, there is a small island where they speak 1500/1600 Genoese dialect and the same on an island off Brasil!

I see your ascent is pretty messy, just like mine! :)

RyX likes this.
  6. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

This is fascinating.

RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

This is Topic Drift. Apologies @Rev579! The further any discussion gets from the 1st post, the more chance other topics will be introduced. Takes a firm hand to stay on topic.

@Suhrim21 - Did you get your answer? Apologies to you, also. When TSD members get new gear they tend to post in The Haul, & sometimes in a hardware specific forum.

8. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I’m okay with the drifting considering the PIF has been over for a month+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.