I need help with TSD Store!

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Dave Paskowski, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

I'm going to admit to having a problem. In the last two days I've change my cart in the TSD Store over 20 times. I see one scent and I have to try it. Then I read about another and decide on that one. This is becoming a cruel cycle, Please make it stop. I'm looking for an old school floral scent. Something for all seasons. I want to try my first soap but can't decide which would be better for a newbie the TSD Lanolin Shaving Soap or the regular TSD Shaving Soap? I'm getting an after shave and cologne for sure. If I get menthol added to the AS will it affect the scent? Can someone please save me? Gotta go here comes the wif............

Raven312 likes this.
  2. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I honestly am trying to stay away from TSD shop. I have a feeling that place will get me into all sorts of trouble.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

In a word - SAMPLES.

Dave Paskowski and Raven312 like this.
  4. Dave Paskowski

Samples are nice but I want a AS, Cologne and soap to start my Den. I have some samples and a can of Barbasol. Even have more samples coming from TSD Store. I want to up-size. Any suggestions on an old school floral scent. Something for all seasons?

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I know many folks do, but I don't categorize my scents into seasons.

Victorian Rose is very nice. Look through many of the traditional English soaps, and you'll find rose.
    I've heard (I can't prove) that rose was used by many men back in the day and was considered a masculine scent at the time. JoAnna will tell you, scents are neither masculine or feminine, and they are not, but society has led the charge in floral scents being feminine. The question becomes, are you going to allow society dictate? (rhetorical)

I also like lavender. Don't know how "old school" it is, but I like it.

Dave Paskowski likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Modern day society.;)
    Though there are many gents today that use florals, obviously. Otherwise, Trumper and Truefitt and Taylor and other companies wouldn't sell shaving cream marketed at men with floral fragrances.
    That what I just suggested to Dave in PM. :happy088:

Dave Paskowski and swarden43 like this.
  7. Dave Paskowski

OK, I just placed my second order with TSD. I got the following items TSD Wheat Shaving Cream Lavender Tea Tree, TSD Aftershave Splash Lavender, and TSD Cologne Lavender. As far as society goes, I am and will always be my own man. Thanks for all the great input guys!!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  8. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly...I am an ardent and unashamed lover of Lavender's of all kinds! Czezh & Speake also markets almost all their scents as unisex...

9. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'm not that experienced with Lavender, but the ones I have tried smell great! I've read that Lavender was used in barber shops and people like cowboys, sailors, and mobsters used them. After driving cattle across the west, sailing all over the world, or bootlegging whiskey in; Lavender was a great relaxer. I would like to see someone challenge Bugsy Siegel's masculinity for using Lavender. ;)

CJames likes this.
  10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Can't go wrong with TSD Wheat Shaving Cream, it's great stuff! Of course, my scent of choice was far away from floral...root beer!!!

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband, the war veteran & archer loves lavender too. Rest assured, no one is questioning his masculinity.

12. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm afraid the "Desire" to try new scents will never go away Dave..My only opinion about scents like Lavendar and Almond is I wish Arko came in those scents also...:)

13. Frank C.

Frank C. Active Member

If you want to try lavender but not sure about straight, try TSD "yin yang" it's amazing, lavender and lime. If you give them one hundred billion dollars and three baby penguins they will give you the recpie.

14. Queen of Blades

:happy102:

Frank C. likes this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

*ahem*

notmyhome and Frank C. like this.
  16. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

3 baby penuins that's insane. 2 at most:happy097:

17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

<sigh> Need I remind everyone that penguins are legally protected?

18. Dave Paskowski

Penguins with green cards!! Oh, legally protected I misread that.

19. Dave Paskowski

Victorian Rose Cologne, Aftershave Splash and Lanolin Shaving Soap is my next purchase from TSD.

20. Queen of Blades

3 may be a little high, but remember it helps support our great community! ;)