I ordered this, but got this instead.

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by ninjack, Mar 8, 2016.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I had a similar issue, seller accidentally swapped items. The other buyer won't send back his new $7 Spartacus, trust me on this.

Open a ticket with eBay, and get your money back. Then come talk to me. I have a Spartacus I'd be willing to part with, and at a lower price.

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I don't usually bid on items from sellers with this kind of history. And I do look.

battle.munky and Robyflexx like this.
  3. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I got a feeling you are probably right about the other buyer keeping the Spartacus. Maybe that's why I haven't heard back from the seller yet, he can't get a response from the other buyer. I'll give the seller a chance to try and make things right, but judging by his comments on that one buyer, he may not be too helpful.

I'll let you know about that Spartacus razor you may be willing to sell, once I figure this mess out. Thanks.

4. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

It's in his best interest to make things right. If you open a case with PayPal he'll be out $70. Remember to keep all communication within the eBay messaging system and if you don't hear from the seller within a day or two, ask eBay/PayPal for advice

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I just want to see his response to your negative feedback..... :)

Darkbulb, mrchick, BeShaved and 4 others like this.
  6. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

How are you seeing responses to the negative feedback? I can't find out how

7. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Not all sellers leave responses, but if they do it is added just below the feedback they respond to. This is the seller in question:

[​IMG]

BeShaved and Robyflexx like this.
  8. aelfred.t.allspa

Thanks! I was trying to view from the app. Guess it takes a desktop lol

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097: That guy should be involuntarily committed! :happy097:

178-bplatoon and BeShaved like this.
  10. PaPa K

PaPa K Active Member

I purchase a fair amount of stuff on Flea Bay and I would file a claim also if you don't hear from him. The only way to keep it a viable place to buy is to police the action. If it was an honest mistake he will offer to make it right, if he gives you guff, file on him. It is nothing personal, just have to play by the rules.

11. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Im glad your happy with it thats the most important thing. Perhaps you should still leave negative feedback if the seller never replies. I know alot of people have great success on the bay so im not bashing it, but im a bit skeptical of it so i usually stick with amazon or other companies you can have a little bit more of a safety net. I will admit that means i pay higher costs and miss out on deals. Good luck and thanks for sharing. It helps other members, i was reluctant to buy off shaving i e until i read positive things from other den members

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

got my popcorn ready for that one haha

13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Open a case. His attitude is very bad and his score IMO isn't near good enough for such poor customer treatment. He owes you not only a full explanation but he also owes you money!!
    Thank you for this post, at the very least you've warned us to beware. I'll stay far away from this guy in the future. :happy088:

BeShaved and Robyflexx like this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've sold many razors on ebay. I have not messed up orders (yet!) by sending the wrong ones to addresses, but I can see how it could easily happen when selling multiple similar items. Had I done something such as what is described in this thread, I'd offer a full refund plus the shipping and ask they return the razors. However, no refund until the items are returned. I'd be at fault but I'd attempt to make it right.

15. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

+1 to opening a case. Sometimes that's the only way to rattle their cage. Wait to do the feedback until the case is resolved. If he never responds to the case being filed, he's got no leg to stand on against a negative feedback and ebay will rule in your favor to boot.

16. aelfred.t.allspa

The Spartacus razor definitely should have been what you got. That's a very big ticket item. I would demand full refund AND to keep the other razor for that. No questions asked. But then again, I'm just adamant about getting what I spend my money on.

178-bplatoon and Robyflexx like this.
  17. ninjack

I heard back from the seller yesterday. He was very nice about the mix up and apologized. He gave me the other buyers address and took mine to have us ship the razors to each other. He asked me to message him with the tracking number and shipping cost once I get it shipped off and he will refund me the shipping and $5 for the mix up. He was very nice and polite in his messages, so I will be shipping the razor off today. The other buyer is in Nova Scotia. Hopefully he will do the same and maybe I'll have my Spartacus razor sometime in the next week or two.

18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thanks for the update @ninjack...I'm very happy it worked out for you. :)

ninjack likes this.
  19. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    The World Master is actually a Top Line shaver highly sought after by many especially if it is in that good a shape..

Get the difference back and then go find another TI which is a common razor

Basically your heart sank :( and if it were me I would have been doing my "Happy Dance" the guy that wanted the World Master is probably REALLY pissed

Edit; Very sorry I didn't see this earlier and respond quicker :(

20. ninjack

Too late. I sent the World Master off to the buyer this morning. I was starting to like the World Master after looking it over, very nice quality. I may have to look out for another one in the future. I hope the Spartacus looks as good when it gets here. Now I just have to wait a week or two till it gets here and pray it doesn't get lost in the mail. LOL