I wonder why........

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Missing Lynx, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Everyone has seen something in our hobby that they wonder about sooo....

I wonder why most of the central European vintage razors are listed as German WW II soldiers razor or German Wehrmacht soldiers razor. Personally I have never seen documentation that even shows what the German army was issued during that time.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Because it probably drives the price up. War related stuff will normally bring a higher price.

Frijolero, Shaver X and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

True, but we are coming into generations who don't have the emotional bond that a world war had on their parents. Sadly if you ask younger folk in Amreica about what the Arizona monument in Hawaii stands for you usually get just a blank look. So I think most would say whats a Wehrmacht?

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. Hembree

So true.

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

My opinion - most folks don't appreciate history that happened before they were born. I'm much more aware of JFK because I was birthed after he was elected but before he was inaugurated. Anything that happened prior to my own introduction to the world falls into "History". The rest is stuff that happened while I was around. Could be why I like patchouli and tie dye tee shirts. Maybe one day someone will start a forum dedicated to canned gel, carts, and Axe body sprays.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and Hembree like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You can count me out on doing the canned gel thread/forum.......last one I used was Edge, and the strength of the gel knocked out that of the aftershave I used(forget which it was).

7. Hembree

I laugh at that but it could happen.

8. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Or grandparents. My grandmother grew up in Nazi Germany, so I thank God that the allies won and she moved here. My paternal grandfather served in Korea, and we never hear about that war.

Frijolero and Shaver X like this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The Shave Dungeon?

Frijolero likes this.
  10. Hembree

Good one!

Shaver X and BigMark83 like this.