Ice Teal

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Lexicon Devil, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

So I got this bottle of Osage Rub. Man alive this stuff is easily the coldest shaving stuff I own. It's not even close. I know Crackstar and Ryan own liquid nitrogen or whatever, but for me, this is the cold stuff.

So I get it in the mail and try some on. It is just as cold as the heart of my ex-wife, but the scent. Ugh. It reminds me of a college trainer smearing Icy Hot on my back after a game just before the ice bath. Note: this is not a happy scent.

So now I have this pretty large bottle of stuff I don't want to use. Hmmm. I take a look in the cabinet and see my bottle of AV Ice Blue is exactly half gone. Hmmm. I fill up the other half with Osage Rub. Now instead of blue, the AV is teal. Like my Sharks who are totally winning the Stanley Cup this year.

So anyway, it's sitting, waiting for my next shave, the monstrous AO Ice Teal after shave. I will keep you all posted

vwp528, feeltheburn and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I like the rub. Not a bad idea to mix. I'm in Shark territory! Go Sharks!

Lexicon Devil likes this.
  3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're blazing this trail Ed. I'd be far too upset if I ruined a half bottle of AV. Let us know how it works.

"Colder than my ex-wife's heart" - classic. They should put that on the bottle.

Lexicon Devil and vwp528 like this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I do like the skin bracing effect of he menthol-laden Osage, but you're right, Ed, about it's scent being reminiscent of the training room.
    Hey, if the AV/Osage combo works, why not? Neither scents are on my fav list (sorry, Brian! :o) so what's to lose? ;)

Lexicon Devil and vwp528 like this.
  5. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Well, similar to the Sharks playoff run, this was not precisely a success. Apparently half and half won't cut it. The Rub is way too powerful. It smells like Osage rub is wearing Aqua Velva after its shave. Not the effect I was looking for.

The plan now is to purchase more AV and dilute the concoction further. I am beginning to regret the decision to ruin half of a bottle of AV, but these are the type of sacrifices we have to make in the name of Shaving Science.