Idea for new TSD scent

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Steve_1993, May 30, 2011.

1. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

This is a smell (well a mixture of smells) that I really enjoy but only get for 2 months of the year.

Every year the local sugar mill starts up, and it's the smell of the sugar and the molases as it goes through all the proceces from cane to final product and don't forget the smell of freshly cut cane that I really enjoy, sweet smell but suttle and pleasant while at the same it's sharp.

I might live in sugarcane area but it is these smells that when together smell good and it only comes once a year for a short time, it's like Christmas for my nose.

If only I could bottle the scent and send it too Joanna for her to replicate in her soaps, I am sure many other people would enjoy it.:):)

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sounds yummy. I know that smell and it is nice. Would be interesting to see if it could be pulled off in a shaving cream.

3. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Never smelled it. But that does sound good. Just the smell of molassas is wonderful. Molassas in coffee mmmm good stuff.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

hey! Hey!! HEY!!! Thou shalt not taint thy coffee!!!

;)

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Haha well Molassas is better than splenda and some whitners. So I say its ok :D. It could be some other things much worse in my coffee.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Almost took you a whole hour Steve, you must be slowing down. :cool:

7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Didnt have his coffee this morning?

I acutally just asked the queen to make well mix me two scents. Bourbon Vanilla and Sandlewood. I used the Bourbon Vanilla over top of TOBS sandalwood soap and WOW did that smell wonderful.

8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to what you're talking about, when I was younger I lived in Fiji and attended International School Suva, we took a field trip to the Lautoka Sugar Mill.
    [​IMG]
    The Local Fijian's would take a cane knife and hack the bits of bark off and actually chew on the freshly cut cane, I tried it myself, you would be surprised how long it took to finish off. :happy102

I'm not sure which scent I liked more though, being in the mill we got to see each and every different process, and I remember we also got to eat the fresh molasses out of the spout and a handful of brown sugar....

Its no surprise I got in a fight with the son of the ambassador to Saudi Arabia afterwards, we were wired.

Memories :D

I would be the lad with the Coca Cola bag not the guy wearing the sulu!

Attached Files:

9. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

No it wouldn't surprise me, I have done it a few times myself.

I have also been into our local mill, the most recent was last year for my final year of high school for chemistry.
    [​IMG]

There's a picture of most of our mill with our regions trademark/landmark behind it, walshers pyramid :)

The mill also right in the middle of town so most of the town gets the smell while it's running.

10. swarden43

Too hot today to be moving too fast. Course for me, anything over 65 degrees is too hot.

11. Sodapopjones

Very nice, so you know how fun it was too!

I'm not sure I would want to live around the actual mill, between the smells and free samples, I wouldn't have any teeth left. :happy102

12. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

Don't have to worry about the free samples, they don't give it out, just sit back and enjoy the smell (with all your teeth in place) :happy102

13. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

We have sugarcane here in South Louisiana and molasses is manufactured here as well so I know what you're talking about.

14. Brian

Brian Active Member

There is nothing wrong with putting a dab of Irish Cream in there!

15. swarden43

Heretic!

;)

16. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I don't like that idea, this is a scent that if you add anything it's not the same, if the scent doesn't match it just won't be what we want from it.

17. Sodapopjones

This isn't a mocha frappa whatever they're called! :happy013

18. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Hi Aaron, years ago I used to drive through south Fla around Lake Okeechobee... Immokolee, Okeechobee, Clewiston, and other small towns where all of the sugar cane was grown and processed and it is a wonderful smell. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

19. Talltexan

Talltexan New Member

Can Joanna do custom scents?

Jerry

20. CRS

CRS Member

Sugarcane and Molasses sounds wonderful. My huband and I make soaps and lotions. Those are two scents that are just wonderful to smell. I am sure they would be great combined.