If you had a 200$ gift certificate .

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ShaveAddict, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

If i would give you a 200$ gift certificate of shaving goods what would you buy?

2. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

It all depends on what I currently had at the moment, I would want to try more new creams, soaps. Trumpers, Tobs, arko, Godrej, Vallobra, P160, MWF. Some aftershaves, and maybe a new brush or two. $200 buys alot of nice items.:D

3. machine

machine New Member

A straight, a strop, and a hone! :D

4. Mojavered

Mojavered New Member

I think that I would finally try a badger brush to start, maybe a Rooney 1/1 or a 1/2......or maybe I would dive into the straight world and see what that was about, some beautiful razors......or, maybe some Santa Maria Novella AS. The possibilities are endless. I only wish......Oh well, have fun!

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

A Revisor 8/8 in horn...

Saving those pennies!

6. traditionalist

traditionalist New Member

i think i would get a sharpening stone. im happy with my creams and soaps. happy with my badger brush. happy with my razors especially the Iwasaki. that razor is like....godly to say the least. maybe a strop too. though the $200 would only cover a good stone. :D

7. rainman

rainman New Member

That is a lot of money! All of the shaving supplies I own is close to around $200!

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

None right now - I'd convert it to Euros and wait for the dollar to get even lower so the stuff gets even cheaper :D

9. Milton

Milton New Member

I'd probably get a Rooney 1/1 in super and spend the rest on the DR Harris Arlington line. :D

10. Bukowski

Bukowski New Member

Vintage razors and lots of them :D

11. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I would get me a nice Feather straight.. and some blades.. I just found a straight that works for me - the Feather is soo fun to shave with..

12. MN_Nick

MN_Nick Member

Straight and a strop, maybe some funky aftershaves with whatever is leftover.

Maybe some collectible vintage razors like an auto strop or a rolls that I, currently anyways, have no practical use for but wouldn't mind having around to play with.

13. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

:sihns011

Smart men everywhere know the dollar is about to tank. I have been converting alot of $$ to metals.

14. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with my current gear, razors, soaps, brushes, etc.

I just ordered a straight and a strop. So I'd order a honing stone.

And a DE set for my youngest son. He's very interested after shaving with the rig I sent his brother (a piece at a time). Probably the EJ set with the pure badger brush and the DE87 (my favorite razor). That's what he's getting for Christmas. Hope he's not reading this.

15. Jamazar

Jamazar Member

Vintage stuff for sure.

16. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'd try out a nice Rooney or Simpson's brush and stock up on soaps, blades, and aftershaves. I'd make sure a couple new soaps and aftershaves (or at least scents) made the list. Maybe include another DE razor.

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

First a Gem traveler set then with what was left over.... well JoAnna would not get much rest for awhile. (from filling orders :D (Just so this does not end up in the OOC THREAD)

Fuzzy

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You got to add that disclaimer these days you know..:D

Fuzzy

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yes, I know........

maybe we should just ban Jim..........;)