I'm feeling a bit down

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by El Judio Afeitado, Jul 31, 2010.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Use whatever razor works best for you and stick with it. If it's a bic disposable, then so be it. Whatever you end up doing, don't go back to the canned crap, keep that nice brush and your soaps.

If you are still having issues after a month with the same razor, send me a pm. I have an injector and a pack of blades you are welcome to have.

By the way, I have a huge scar on my chin. It's about 2.5 inches long. I was pitching at our 4th of July softball game. Some big brute hit a line drive straight back at my chin. Knocked me out and required 10 stitches. I have a bald patch from it and can no longer grow a good beard or goatee because of it.

2. El Judio Afeitado

El Judio Afeitado New Member

Dale, first, I thank you for the offer. I really don't know much about injectors. My beloved daddy used one when I was just a little shaver myself; I remember that. But he went (back?) to DE by the time I started shaving with the first generation Trac IIs.

Next up, I tell you with complete confidence that I would shave with hydrogenated vegetable shortening -or lard- before I ever defile my face again with the whipped cream I see filling the shelves of retailers throughout the land.

I'm really giving it the old college try with the 38C and Personnas. I want to be certain I'm putting in the time to get this right.

Wow to that line drive! Tough break and I sympathize. Playing ball is no joke; my sister saw a guy's teeth knocked out of his head; a teenager, yet. And an old crony of mine went years ago to an open tryout for St. Louis. He was a wise-ass, didn't want to wear a cup, and caught one square in the yangs. Luckily, his son, born years after that mishap, looks just like him.

So, I've got what I need to keep me going for, um, at least a month. LOL! And I've discovered JoAnna's
    wonderful custom-made products so I'm definitely treading a different path these days.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mederma works wonders for scars unless you're really dark skinned.

4. El Judio Afeitado

Thanks, Blair. I'm going to do a search on that!

5. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

El J

Dig your avatar the most! :cool:

I've got a 1/2" scar high on my left cheekbone from talking and using a shavette at the same time.
    Sounds like you've got a plan, so I just checked in to wish you good luck with it.

Best Regards

goshawk

6. El Judio Afeitado

Hi, Hawk, and thanks for your comments. I guess I'd forgotten that none of us are of the species Homo kryptoniensis. We all have our battle scars, but it's my face! :eek:

I wear that avatar around my neck on a steel chain. Found it online from a company that manufactures quality titanium jewelry. Wore it to a family reunion and my cousins all loved it. A nice break from the Star of David or menorah I often wear, and it's actually the correct size though thicker than the McCoy.

7. El Judio Afeitado

My report for 3 August 2010

OK, went ginger smoothly, NO pressure and got 'er done in two passes with the usual chin touch-up.

I used the 38C and a new Israeli Blue. I'm gonna stick with these; I have dozens of Blues. No weepers, no nothin'. Took my sweet time about it. I felt some tugging going ATG under the nose, but I always have.

Slow 'n' steady as she goes is the way for me. Formerly, I could and would whip around the curves with the Bic. Not so much anymore. The difference between the throw-away and any of my DEs is that of a child's pail-and-shovel versus a bulldozer.

On my way!

8. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

There you go!! Good one mate! Slow and steady is the ticket for sure. Soon enough you'll develop some more confidence.

Congrats for sticking with it! :happy096

James.

9. El Judio Afeitado

Oh, I am a stubborn one. I believe I mentioned that earlier! ;)

Tomorrow's goal is to do even better than today. One short, beard-reducing stroke at a time. I shall prevail! ::kngt