I'm new here and need some help

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Jason Davis, May 29, 2019.

1. Jason Davis

Jason Davis New Member

I know this forum is all about manual shaving razors(bear with me, I'm new at this and yes I do have a few of them) but does anyone collect antique shavemasters from the 1930s? I need some advice one one

RyX, Terry, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama the Heart of Dixie! Glad to have you aboard. I do not have a Shavemaster but I am sure someone will chime in on this.

3. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..

Hembree likes this.
  4. Jason Davis

Jason Davis New Member

thanks for the replies. sometimes on forums about other stuff I'm ignored or put down
    this seems like a friendly place

RyX likes this.
  5. Hembree

This is a friendly place. Lots of great folks here. Most are wet shavers of course. Do you have any pictures you could post of the Shavemasters? I am not familiar with that razor. Every now and then someone will mention an electric razor. We are always open to anything shave related.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm not sure what a ShaveMaster is, but if it has anything to do with shaving I'd luv to see a pic of one if you can. :)

Just looked it up really cool looking...:happy088:

Hembree and RyX like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Jason Davis , from North Cackalacky. In this forum, you are important. You will find friendly and helpful shavers here. I haven't heard of a ShaveMaster. Got any pictures?
    hightheir2.gif

zwelcome2b.jpg

RyX likes this.
  8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hey and welcome Jason.
    We love pictures here, never heard of one of those but would love to see yours!!
    tp

RyX likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Howdy. I had to use the google search as I didn't know what a ShaveMaster from the 30s was.

How does it shave? What issues are you having with it?

And we love pics as well.

Welcome to the forum.

RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD Jason @Jason Davis! Like those who have responded, I'm not familiar with the '30's Shavemaster. Generally our discussion revolves around "Wet Shaving". That's soap, brush, water, and some kind of blade. While there are a few electric shavers that operate wet or dry, there's no restriction to discussing them. Post up a photo of a soap encrusted old double edge antique you just found in a thrift store and at least three members will give you the history. Electric shavers... not so much. Still glad to have you! I do hope one of our friendly members is a closet electric shaver historian and can assist you in getting the info you seek.

Hembree and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    @Jason Davis , I googled Shavemaster and all I see are electric razors. Is yours electric, DE, or SE?

Hembree and brit like this.
  13. Jason Davis

Jason Davis New Member

I will post pics tomorrow.

Hembree and Terry like this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Hembree likes this.
  15. Jason Davis

Jason Davis New Member

thanks for the welcome. whats your favorite type razor?

Hembree likes this.
  16. Hembree

My favorite razor in my den would have to be my Karve {DE} with the the open comb plate. Solid brass and a solid shaver.

Frijolero likes this.
  17. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Hi Jason, and welcome to The Shave Den! It is good to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay. This really is one of the friendliest forums around, people aren't just saying that.

Do you mean the old Sunbeam Shavemaster electric razors, like in the ad below? Most of the folks here are into wet shaving with old school safety razors (double-edge and single-edge blades) and straight razors. The membership collectively does have a great deal of knowledge regarding antiques and collectibles for those razor types. Knowledge regarding electric razors here is therefore likely to be somewhat limited, but you never know. Maybe one of the people here actually does have information on the old Sunbeams.

You might also want to try Peter de Weijer's Electric Razor Museum website at https://pedewei.home.xs4all.nl/. His site also has links to other electric shaver collector websites. I hope you find the info you are looking for, and also hope you continue to visit here. You can get some great shaves using a safety razor, quality cream or soap, and a shaving brush. The blades are dirt cheap, too.

[​IMG]

Hembree likes this.
  18. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome.
    Sorry, I'm no help with your questions re the 30's electric.
    But I'm glad your here, someone will know.

Paul Turner and Hembree like this.
  19. Jason Davis

Jason Davis New Member

Hembree likes this.
  20. Jason Davis

Jason Davis New Member