In praise of Stirling Soaps...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Wow, that was close to two years ago. Can hardly remember it :)

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I do claim guilt for replying to old posts at times.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

How come you don't buy one? They're great.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Inquiring minds want to know.

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Paul Turner

buy what...a shave soap? I'm putting together a Stoylin' "package" for the fall. Will include a BATH soap. But Rod might throw in a shave soap sample, which would be fine.

6. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Just noticed something interesting about the formula in the Glacial line. The formula for the Glacials doesn't have any almond oil in it. This is a plus for me because Almond oil has always made my face react. I sent an email to the Stirling folks to ask if this is a new formula or has always been the case for the Glacial line. Would be interesting to see if that's something they do specifically for the Glacials or if they're moving away from almond oil.

Ex. Bay Rum recipe: Beef Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerin, Essential Oil, Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Lanolin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate

Glacial Wintergreen recipe: Beef Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerin, Menthol, Essential Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Lanolin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate

crackstar and ob1page like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

Just got my tub of Piacenza in the mail. @ezlovan you knocked it out of the park with this one! Instant hit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Chuck F, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Rod threw in a sample of Piacenza bath soap in my last order. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it smells nice.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. PickledNorthern

I am smoking chickens today, so I smell like "Texas on Fire" and am bad at describing scents anyway, but I I get citrus, and a super light barbershop anyway. (At least from the AS sample...) It is incredibly fresh. I can't wait for tonight's shave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

You're going to need a soap for the Burma Shave brush.

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  11. crackstar

The Glacial soaps have the best formula ever. At one time they were tough to lather but now they're PERFECT. I'll be using Obsidian for my shave tomorrow! ;)

ezlovan, ob1page and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Oh, I know....haven't yet made the purchase. The thing was gone last time I went to the pharmacy.

13. crackstar

Paul, don't be shy - try it, you'll LOVE it.

14. Paul Turner

Not shy here-I do look forward to having it. I just hope I can find it either at that pharmacy or somewhere else locally.

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm currently using the Orange Chill and it's okay. I love all the other Stirling shave soaps and will buy again, but the orange chill is mild on the orange and short on the menthol. It's an okay soap, but it pales in comparison to the Glacial Lemon. That soap is my favorite and is lemon and menthol on overload!

ezlovan, ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Piacenza is a new favorite of mine. Used it last night, both the soap and aftershave (plus a few drops of M-Bomb). Really fantastic stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ezlovan, PickledNorthern and ob1page like this.
  17. PickledNorthern

Only $6.80 on Amazon, and you can have it in two days......

18. Paul Turner

Thanks for that.

19. Paul Turner

Update-changed my mind on what I will order first-but I do expect to put Barbershop on my list/

20. Paul Turner

wow....3 Executive Men soaps :)