In praise of Stirling Soaps...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

update-forget the fall....it should be here today!!

2. Paul Turner

I have Lemongrass Liquid Hand soap-nice fragrance, all right.

3. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Just got my order of Stirling Gentleman Soap and Stirling Gentleman Aftershave Splash W/ Menthol this morning and @ezlovan and Mandy knocked this one not out the park but out of this world in my opinion. Great scent that the Wife cant get enough of (extra brownie points) and she has already asked me about 5 times if this is going to be a permanent spot on your site or if it is only seasonal. She already said no matter what it is I better not ever run out and I will make sure I don't as it is that good. Same great lather that is common with all Stirling Soaps I have tried: Easy to lather, Protective, Slick, Outstanding Cushion and a great scent! The aftershave does a great job of finishing off a perfect shave and the skin care is second to none. This soap has easily bumped itself up into the top 3 soaps in my rotation and I don't see it going lower anytime soon (or ever for that matter).

Jim99, ezlovan, ob1page and 4 others like this.
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I am glad you agree!! FYI-I did have Rod add menthol to my Gentleman AS and it is now "perfect" for me!!

[​IMG]

5. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm going to have to try my sample now, hopefully my wife has the same reaction and asked me to get a full tub.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I enjoyed the Glacial Wintergreen soap this morning and for tomorrow it's going to be the Glacial Obsidian one. Both are equally frigid and delightful.

7. Paul Turner

I just received my Stirling order...so happy! Barbershop AS and 2 Barbershop bath soaps. @ezlovan tossed in a sample Grapefruit bath soap, too

8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

9. Straight razor dandy

Have you used them yet? What do you think?

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I had to check Stirling out after seeing them recommended so much and I was really impressed. They have a huge variety of great products at prices that don't break the bank. I ordered some aftershave samples and I was really impressed with Executive Man and with Coniferous. I'd rate them both 10/10. They were nice enough to include a free soap sample with my order, as well as a handwritten thank you note to me for ordering. I can't wait to test out more of their scents. It has been a real pleasure to interact with everyone in the wet shaving community, from these forums to the small businesses and otherwise.

ezlovan, Bobcat and ob1page like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Not yet-I think I'll do the "test drive" later this week. I'll say this for now though-it's a powerful scent(as I presume all Stirlings are). But that is good to reinforce the "a little goes a long way" message.

ezlovan likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Thanks for the plug on Coniferous....I think I'll try that one next(either alone or with another). But Rod really fills up that 100 ml. bottle-could be a while to finish these babies off.

Demidog likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

ezlovan and Straight razor dandy like this.
  14. Straight razor dandy

The problem is...it's a good news/bad news type of thing.

The good news is that all of their products are fantastic. The bad news is you have to pick and choose what you can afford.

Ive said it before, but I would literally buy every single product they have if i could afford it.

ohbrian, ezlovan, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  15. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

This is the dilemma that I've faced since I was introduced to traditional wet shaving. I recently went on a soap binge and I went way over budget. There are still so many products that I want to try from other artisans as well but I'm trying to be realistic about my finances now. I agree in that I would definitely buy all of their products if I could, and the same applies to a few other artisans as well. So many choices, so little time.

16. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

Is this the Tobacco scented soap of all time?

@ezlovan

17. ob1page

Another Stirling order is on its way. This time I got mentholated Barbershop aftershave, a full tub of Ozark Mountain shave soap and a sample of Glacial Obsidian. The Barbershop is my favorite scent and I'm looking forward to having it as an AS.
    [​IMG]

ezlovan, Demidog, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  18. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

What! ??? No Stirling Gentleman sample in this order? How dare you man!

ezlovan, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  19. ob1page

Already got it :)

Demidog and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Paul Turner

I have the Barbershop AS now, plus two B-shop bath soaps. I bet I finish the soaps long before the AS.

ob1page likes this.