Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

To kick off the new Injector & SE Shave of the Day thread, a replay of last night's first ever AC style razor shave for me!

I experienced a first last night. A shave with an AC style SE razor. The RazoRock Hawk V2 in electric blue color, from the box in the Magical Traveling Box Mystery Tour 2021.

In the RR Hawk V2, I used a Feather Professional blade also courtesy of the Box. Also used was an unused amber/apple juice color handle synthetic brush and Stirling Soap Company R4L Special Edition soap - again both which came from the Box.

First I'll say I changed the handle to the heavier black and chrome handle seen in the pictures and which again, I also got from the Box (whomever put that black and chrome handle in the Box, please tell me what razor it was originally part of). I learned on the first pass that the Hawk V2 handle is just too light for my liking. Now moving along with the heavier handle, the only descriptor is WHOA!

Probably the finest, smoothest shave I have ever experienced in 12 years wet shaving. I literally can't stop touching my face and neck. Smoother than polished granite, in every direction - WTG, ATG, up, down, sideways...! I've gotten shaves from other razors that were almost this close to perfection but perfection actually happened tonight. Whoa! Wow! Whoa and Wow!

Also, that Stirling R4L soap is fantastic. Love the scent. Great lather and lubrication. The Jody-approved.
    IMG_20210615_231726a.jpg IMG_20210615_231737b.jpg

ShaveNoEyes.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Great review!

Just one thought ..... Maybe it took you 12 years to learn to shave. :happy097:

:signs097:

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Ha! That is definitely possible! I do keep an Atra on hand just in case I fully forget how to!

4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Does this mean there will be a new What Straight Razor Did You Use Today thread showing up in this forum, too? I am very confused about what is going on. :signs002:

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday- 16th June

Used the Yaqi Raster V2 / Kai CT Protouch MG [ 8 ] again, I find that it delivers great Shaves but perhaps too easily -I am beginning to miss the challenge offered by Vintage SE to get a Top Notch finish.

IMG_1530.jpg

6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 17th June

Omega 11137 boar
    L`Occitane Cade cream
    Yaqi Raster V2-ikon Handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 9 ]
    Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

When I occasionally use a Cream, I am afraid that I always get too much in the Bowl. It might be very wasteful, but I get a super abundant Lather.which makes for a smooth Shave. I think I might squeeze another Shave from this blade, which seems to last longer in The Claymore V1.

IMG_1534.jpg

7. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thursday's Shave

Schick 500 ~ Schick Blade (3)
    Omega ~Roma Colosseum
    RazoRock ~ XXX Fresco
    T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Figaro ~ Bluice

SOTD 06.17.2021.jpg

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Me too.
    I thought the reason all of those other threads were closed was because the SoS thread was getting duplicated and the goal was to only have one.

GAW9576, Dave in KY and brit like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 18th June

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaqi Raster V2- Ikon handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 10 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Another Shave with the Yaqi, as the blade still seems to have more life in it - not a bad finish either.

IMG_1535.jpg

10. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 18th June
    Jayaruh 289 - Hampshire Woolfat - GEM Contour I - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Old Spice Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Pal Injecto Matic Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    West German Boar (restored) Brush
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Dragon's Blood w/Menthol AS Balm

I usually use Schick G or I injector razors and had to try this one. I haven't used a D in a while, but it seems as aggressive as those. Maybe a tad more aggressive.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 19th June.

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Enoch
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 3 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

I quite like using this Combo , whereas with The Excalibur/ Raster whose stock handles are also quite thin I prefer with a chunkier handle.
    Maybe early days with this blade, but I find that in the RasterV2 it works much better on the upper lip/nostril area .a Top Notch finish denied by this failing.

IMG_1536.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  13. Electrif

Sunday 20th June
    Alpha T400 - OSP Rosemary & Peppermint - GEM Contour II - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Lea Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Jeeves of Hudson Street
    Jayaruh #144
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna PTFE SS Blade
    CWR
    Florida Water

The Jeeves of Hudson Street Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher razor with a Personna PTFE SS Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, June 20th 2021

Razor: Golden 500 Schick injector with Hydro magic-Mfg 1957-64, great long handled injector(unisex?), longest razor in my rotation that is 5 3/8inches length. Once in a while it is good to step out of the comfort zone your use to and try something like a long handle razor IMO.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, very sharp with excellent longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot(Sagrada Familia) excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick Golden 500 with Hydro magic injector complimented with a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 2oth June

Muhle Silvertip A -21mm
    Hampshire Woo;Fat
    Yaqi Excalibur
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Used The Excalibur today with an unguarded blade, and all went well apart from the cleft the upper lip which I always find awkward.

IMG_1539.jpg

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #277
    Burham Safety Razor
    Personna PTFE SS Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor with a Personna PTFE SS Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, June 21st 2021

Razor: Gem G bar- Mfg 1953-58, very nice mild to mid range razor, nice change up in the Gem rotation, built to last.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi cola 22 mm, nice feel & look to handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor blemish irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. Electrif

Tuesday 22nd June
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham 1912 Apricus - GEM Push Button - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Wickham Apricus ASB
    [​IMG]

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #277
    Burham Safety Razor
    Burham Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

I am touching up the Burham blade each day with my Strand Safety Razor Blade Sharpener. The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor with a Burham Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...