Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221001.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Vintage Life Morning TOST
    Jayaruh #424
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman AS

The Vintage Life Morning TOST Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Tdmsu, GAW9576, palmolive fox and 7 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Schick Saturday Shave, Oct 1st 2022

Razor : Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, well built and easy to adjust on the go, still using this modified Kai Protouch and it is showing signs of weakness on 5th use.
    Blade : Kai Protouch(5) excellent blade, sharp & and smooth with reasonable longevity, excellent blade for folks who nick easy or other skin blemishes IMO. Good blade to use when learning how to use a Shavette IMO.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather protection.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka express 26 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, big pillow soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood AS[​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a Kai Protouch blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Tdmsu, GAW9576, palmolive fox and 7 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 1st October

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    L’ Occitane Cade soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 5 )
    A Saturday going out for Lunch Shave, so just had to be the Claymore Evo. The Brush/Soap was a great pairing and a superb lather assisted in provision of a most relaxing Shave, and a rather “ Face Stroking” finish.

BF0CE914-E178-4EAF-BC43-E907EC120F31.jpeg

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 2nd October
    Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #1 - OSP Bay Rum - Alpha Outlaw - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Real Shaving Co Balm
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221002.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Vintage Life Morning TOST
    Jayaruh #424
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman AS

The Vintage Life Morning TOST Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick G6 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Simpson BAC3 Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    TSD Pink Grapefruit After Shave

Untitled.jpg

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221003.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Body Bar
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Gillette Double Ring
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Tea Tree Body Bar and Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Double Ring and the Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, MMMonday, OCtober 3rd 2022

Razor : British Ever-Ready 1912- Mfg 1936-53, Excellent mid range, well built to last and still cranks out excellent shaves. A joy to use.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable & safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent + excellent lather qualities, triple milled and lasts a long time.
    Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, very soft split end bristle hair, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor [​IMG] + witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my ER 1912 with a coated Gem blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

4th October 2022.

tues.jpg

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 3rd October

Omega 11126 boar
    MWF
    ER 1922 Bathroom set
    Gem S/S ( 2 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

A super Brush/ Soap combo which produced a really rich lather, which made the Shave a pleasure.Smooth and Comfortable with a good close finish, this Razor is surely one of the best 1912s.

B7EC89B1-9410-4B26-AC41-C5A49943614F.jpeg

11. Electrif

Tuesday 4th October
    Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #2 - OSP Sandalwood - Anbbas Tux - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
    [​IMG]

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, OCtober 4th,2022

Razor : Yaqi Katana SE- Mfg 2019>, excellent mid range, steep angle (riding the bar) with a short handle(Yaqi re-tracking head) gives stellar shaves, small head parts make it interesting to assemble. I bump the blade with a paper tuck box when assembling for alignment. Very affordable head MO.
    Blade : Gillette Astra (1) sharp and smooth with great longevity. This blade works well in the Yaqi Katana razor head.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice sweet clean smell with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather also.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka express 24mm Mew knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor AS[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Katana razor with a 1/2 Gillette Astra SP blade. Very nice shave & results where stellar.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

13. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Wednesday 10.05.22
    RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Reknotted Rubberset 22mm Synthetic
    LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221005.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    AutoStrop A1
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A1 and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 5th October

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    ER 1924
    Gem S/S ( 1 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

I have for some time being using this ER 1924 with a variety of S/S handles in lieu of the rather short stock Handle.
    Today for the first time I used one from a Claymore Evolution , excellent balance and control was the result. The Shave was excellent and without a hint of mishap got what was my best ever Shave with a 1924.

9E0734EA-4B42-4455-92C8-7E16B62BD86E.jpeg

16. Electrif

Thursday 6th October
    Pal Injectomatic - Schick Platinum Swede #1 - Vitos Red Super - Yaqi Red Marble - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
    [​IMG]

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, ACtober 7th, Friday, 2022

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Excalibur with a Yaqi 316 SS polished handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, interesting clamping design, fairly accurate blade alignment on this this model, affordable + I always get a close enjoyable shave with the Yaqi Excalibur razor head.
    Blade : Schick p30 AC Proline 50mm, sharp & smooth + reasonable longevity for any AC blade I have used.
    Soap : Tabac, different mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Excellent post shave feel with this soap also.
    Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, firm pillow soft tips, excellent scrubber, good lather painter. This brush was designed for those fellow who love the scrub, shorter loft + dense packed with soft tips = best scrub brush in my harem of different brushes. It is just a different face feel that is not like my boar brushes, I bought it on sale and still enjoy it once in a while and glade I purchased it.
    Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick AC proline blade. Very enjoyable shave this morning!
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

8th October 2022.

1.jpg

19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 7th October

Cyril Salter. MS Ed2band
    L`Occitane Cade soap
    Gem Micromatic -" Bullet Tip"
    Gem S/S [ 5 ]
    Flood Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Though this is a very nice Razor, unfortunately for me it seems a bit mild for me. Despite working quite hard the finish is passeable. I think this Razor may well be retired from my regular rotations.

IMG_4.jpeg

20. Electrif

Saturday 8th October
    Pal Injectomatic - Schick Platinum Swede #2 - Tabac Tallow - Zenith 507 - Cien Aqua AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
    [​IMG]