Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221008.JPG
    Supply Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 8 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221009.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red Sandalwood
    Jayaruh #371 Badger
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star LC
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #371 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher and the Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 9th, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2 Canadian variant, Mfg 1930's, excellent mid range, very easy to manipulate around the face, very light razor(1 OZ), still needs light touch for best results + a joy to use. One of my favorite injector razors.
    Blade : Persona SS PTFE (9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender[​IMG] (discontinued?) very nice masculine Lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. Hardly ever get nicks or weepers with my lavender soaps.
    Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" boss knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 9th October

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaqi Raster V1
    Feather Proguard ( 6 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

I have come to the conclusion that perhaps this blade is not the best match for this Razor, as with more than a days growth it is very tuggy during initial passes. Not the nicest of Sunday Shaves. A blade change is called for.

9FDF24D7-D0A2-467E-A822-F5A103406D65.jpeg

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 7 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 10th October
    Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - Gem Stainless Coated #2 - Arran Lochranza - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Boots Freshwood AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
    [​IMG]

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready Gold 1912 Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Lord Chesterfield Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 6 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Lovely 1912 set.

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank you. I don't use this one that much because it was pretty much NOS when I got it. But every so often it comes out.

GAW9576, palmolive fox and Electrif like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, OCtober 10 2022

Razor : Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, tame mid range, built to last and feels good to hold in the hand, a joy to use IMO.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities. Lavender is top soap for me when it comes lather, it gives excellent protection.
    Brush : Yaqi "Artic Sky" silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 10th October

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 1 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A nicer Shave than yesterday with a Raster and Feather Proguard, but am beginning to think I should try some mainline blades to see how they go.

05271404-2E33-40C7-8268-D66AC1F46853.jpeg

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221011.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Badger
    Fuzzy Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  12. GoodShave

GoodShave Well-Known Member

Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
    Pre: Washed face with Stirling Glacial unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering.
    Brush: Rudy Vey 25 mm STF
    Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
    Blade: GEM Personna SS (D6)
    Razor: Blackland Sabre
    Base Plate: L2
    Handle: Blackland Sabre
    Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum
    SabreScuttle1.JPG

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, OCtober 11th 2022

Razor : Ever-ready Streamline 2nd Generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, eye candy to me when I see this razor, took a while to master but it produces some nice stellar shaves. The blade stops are set forward more than other ASR razors(for more aggression) and I like to add a shim underneath the modern spline blade on this razor for a little less blade feel. I enjoyed the shave this morning with a few laughs from the fellows from the Micromatic Monday thread. [​IMG]
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor blade to handle!
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore[​IMG], nice mild Vanilla with light tobacco scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka express 26 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 11th October

Muhle Silvertip Syn 19mm
    Haslinger Honig
    Yaqi Raster V1
    Schick Proline ( 1 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

A much better Shave today as I have discarded the FPG. A bonus today was the choice of soap, which has been neglected a bit because of me using larger brushes.However, the small Muhle brush whipped up a superb lather from the small container, which helped deliver a very pleasant Shave with a great close finish.

7E5912B0-E80C-4239-8A3C-DBF9C29A8336.jpeg

SlimGem, Ron R, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  15. Electrif

Wednesday 12th October
    Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - Gem Stainless Coated #3 - Wolfpac Italian Orchard - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Real Shaving Co Balm
    [​IMG]

SlimGem, Ron R, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221012.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Gem MMOC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

Today's shave, featuring the MMOC, was a super nice shave. I am continuing to shave my neck, cheeks, and mustache areas while my biopsies heal. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    SlimGem, Ron R, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221014a.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, SlimGem, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  18. Electrif

Friday 14th October
    Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #4 - AoS Kingsman Bourbon - ArtSecret Synth - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, OCtober 14th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, tame mid range, interesting clamping system, small head parts to assemble + I get stellar shaves with this razor 95%> of the time.
    Blade : Schick P30 AC style(2) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Great blade.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice musk scent(Aramis?) + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Robin" boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse followed by Yaqi Musketeer AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick P30.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, SlimGem, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  20. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Friday 10.14.22
    RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Rubberset 200-4 28mm 2BED Synthetic Fan
    LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

GAW9576, SlimGem, MPF9 and 5 others like this.