Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thursday 10.20.22
    RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Vtg. Fuller brush 22mm silvertip badger
    BOWL: Fine Blue & White Stoneware Lather Bowl
    LATHER: LEA Mentholated Shaving Cream

2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 20th October
    Gem Junior - Gem Stainless Coated #7 - Speick Cream - Alpha T400 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thursday, OCtober 20th, 2022.

Razor :
    Valet Auto-strop OC, C1 model, Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, mid range, built well for its time period, I modified my gap from 11/1000 to 7/1000 of inch for a smoother shave. The razor was abused by previous owners and need some attending care to make it function again back 3 yrs ago. Very enjoyable shave this morning for a old 100 year old razor.
    Blade : Modified Gem SS PTFE (1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + the safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum Sage & Cedarwood, nice scent of Bayrum with excellent lather qualities. I tend to have a pastier lather when bowl lathering and then apply to a wet face works well for myself with this soap. Very nice soap to me and works well.
    Brush : Yaqi" Sagrada Familia" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. One of my favorite Yaqi badger brushes.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area. Not a lather hog.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse, Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood [​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + ,minimal irritation + 1 blemish weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Valet auto-strop with a modified coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

4. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Friday 10.21.22
    RAZOR: Stando Single Edge “Rod”
    BRUSH: AKA Brushworx 26mm G5C Milky Way Handle
    LATHER: Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition Shave Soap
    POST: Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition Aftershave Splash

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, OCtober 21st 2022.

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Yaqi polished handle - MFG 2021> excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping design, small razor head parts, affordable. I seem to really enjoy this razor a lot with 95%> close comfortable shaves. Daily driver potential for a lot of folks IMO.
    Blade : Schick P30 50mm - Sharp & smooth + reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood, nice Bayrum scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Black marbel" 24mm tuxedo knot, 1st Yaqi brush that got me interested in this line of great brushes years ago, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood[​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing. lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick Pro 30 blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

MPF9, GAW9576, SlimGem and 5 others like this.
  6. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

22nd October 2022.

1.jpg

7. Electrif

Saturday 22nd October
    General Brass - Feather Pro #1 - Hampshire Wool Fat No1 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221022.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm

The Palmolive Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Sunday 10.23.22
    RAZOR: ATT Aluminum SE1 Bamboo Handle
    BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger
    LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221023.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Palmolive Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    C.V. Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm

The Palmolive Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher and the C.V. Heljestrand Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick Shave, OCtober 23rd 2022.

Razor : Schick injector J1 type- Mfg 1957-64, tame mid range, well built and easy to work the face very fast. Had a enjoyable very smoooth shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector(7)- very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda, nice fresh Lavender scent with excellent lather qualities. Lavender soaps are #1 of my top tier soaps and creams and offer some of the best protection and scents out their IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber, great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda [​IMG]with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick J1 injector with a coated Personna injector blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

12. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

IMG_20221023_172409_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg Posting Yesterday's shave of the day late.
    British Ever-ready Peerless 1912, Rubberset 400 with Zenith baor reknot and Mer Shavings donkey's milk Orange Fougère finished off with a splash of Lucky Tiger.

13. Electrif

Monday 24th October
    General Brass - Feather Pro #2 - OSP Dark Matter - RazoRock Plissoft - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221024.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #432 Synthetic
    Gem MMOC with No Bumps
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC with No Bumps and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Trick or Treet week, Daily Double, OCtober 24th 2022.

Razor : Gillette New long comb(Canadian variant) with a Yaqi orange brass chromed handle I won in a sale raffle, Mfg 1930's when Gillette's new blade design was introduced, mid range, works ok with no drama. This type of carbon blade was used when the first New Gillette razors where first introduced. Worked OK with no drama.
    Razor: Gem Micromatic OC button less- Mfg 1930-32 for this model, upper mid range, built to last, mainly used today for my touch ups to see how my 1st experience with a carbon blade would be like. Very enjoyable different shave experience today.
    Blade : Treet carbon blade(1) 1st use of a DE carbon blade in 5 years of shaving, sharp & smooth. Not sure on longevity yet.
    Treet was part of the umbrella of companies that was part of the American Safety Razor Corporation and was sold off many years later because of market blade changes in the Western world.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Speick stick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. I like this soap slightly better than my Tabac soap . Great enjoyable thick rich excellent lather protection.
    Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot [​IMG], excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(carbon) + ATG(carbon) + pickups (Gem Stainless).
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb + MMOC with a carbon Treet blade + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Tuesday 10.25.22
    RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium AC Razor from Boti Brush
    BLADE: Feather Professional
    BRUSH: Boti 20mm synthetic (included with razor)
    LATHER: OSP Urban Viking Shaving Soap

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  17. GAW9576

I had a fantastic shave with the Gem Jr Bar today. This is one of the best razors ever made. Very smooth and still very efficient.

IMG_20221024_211443_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

18. GAW9576

My first shave with a Schick 66 I just acquired went very well.

IMG_20221025_231216_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg

19. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Wednesday’s Shave
    RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium AC Razor from Boti Brush
    BLADE: Feather Professional
    BRUSH: Erskine Faux Ivory 20mm 2-Band Badger
    LATHER: Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Shave Soap
    POST: Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Aftershave

20. Electrif

Wednesday 26th October
    Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #3 - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Jayaruh 289 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]