Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 28th October
    Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #4 - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Yaqi Moka Express - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

29th October 2022.

1.jpg

3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 28th October

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 6 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Been away for a few days, and came back a day early, as a bit under the weather. Today was my first Shave for 3 days, so some growth to contend with. MWF as a soap really works for me as it produces a superb lather to Shave with, and as I really took my time with the Shave I was rewarded with a bit of a “Face Stroker”.

B0753B8B-5B75-47A0-8641-A9D57D0D215C.jpeg

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221029.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #432 Synthetic
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Trick or Treat week, daily double, Saturday, October 29th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm, Yaqi Milano handle, Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping design, small head parts. I always receive excellent shaves with this razor 95%> of the time.
    Razor : Yaqi Telstar DE head with a Micromatic handle - Mfg head 2022>,mid range, good finish on Zamak head with positive blade feel.
    Blade : Schick Proline p30, sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. I enjoy this blade a lot.
    Blade: Treet black beauty carbon steel (2 .33) sharp & smooth for 2 shaves . Its a 2 shave blade for myself with my beard type. The first 2 shaves where great!
    Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, mild clean scent when puck is dry, when lathered scent is more noticeable, good lather qualities. Triple milled, I cut some slivers off with my pocket knife and press into bowl and start with a squeezed damp brush(2 flicks will work) and just start until the paste starts and just add drops of water by hand or a spray mister and repeat...... until desired lather reached and it produces a nice lather. Too much water at first will make your lather bubbly & will make you chase your preferred lather is my conclusion. Easy soap to use in 1-2 minutes of lathering then apply to a wet face.
    Brush : Yaqi "orbital ring"24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber + good lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : witch hazel beard cleanse + Nivea refreshing AS(nice scent)+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] I started out with the Treet blade but it was not performing well so went with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30 blade with the normal excellent results.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

6. Electrif

Sunday 30th October
    Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - OSP Spice Road - Cadman Custom - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221030.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Cella Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #432 Synthetic
    Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Cella Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Schick Sunday Shave, Oct 30th, 2022

Razor : Stick Schick, L type theme series- Mfg 1973- mild range, interesting razor and it is very comfortable to shave with + and a joy to use.
    Blade : Schick Personna injector SS PTFE(9) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice mild scent when dry but when lathered the scent increases, all I do is cut a few slivers with my pocket knife and press in bowl and with a squeezed brush(2 flicks will do)start the lathering looking for a paste to form and then add some hand water drops or a spray mister keep stirring and add some droplets of water & stir...... until your happy 1-2 minutes later it is ready. The secret to this soap is not to over whelm it with water at first or you will just chase it IMO. Apply to a wet face. Synthetic brushes work excellent also with this hard triple milled soap like shown.
    Brush : Yaqi Moka express 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Stick Schick injector with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday(ASR), OCtober 31 2022

Razor : Gem 1912, OC, Mfg 1912-15 OC model, excellent tame mid range, fairly rare to buy now a days, built to last for a 120 year old razor, very nice shave this morning and this razor performs stellar with a new blade. Very enjoyable shave to start the day.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice Sandalwood scent with excellent lather qualities. Very similar to TOBS sandalwood scent wise.
    Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space"24mm silver tip badger, Excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very enjoyable brush!
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 31st October

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 7 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotio

As still a bit under the weather missing out on regular Shaves, and when doing so seem to be relying on The Evo. I have found that with a good Lather and no rush I get top quality hassle free Shaves with it.

C31DF31B-6B27-478E-AEE2-29738C280EA7.jpeg

11. Electrif

Tuesday 1st November
    Triceratops Deluxe 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]

12. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a great Tabac Tuesday shave today with the Gem Damaskeene open comb.

IMG_20221101_212400_(1250_x_1250_pixel).jpg

13. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

SOTD

Soap: AoS - Sandalwood Shaving Cream
    Brush: 3D Printed - Alexander Simpson Trafalgar Synthetic
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: 3D Printed - SE
    Razor: MicroMatic - Flying Wing SE
    Blade: Personna GEM ptfe ss
    Post shave: Fine Santal - Absolut
    20221102_005707.jpg

14. Electrif

Thursday 3rd November
    EndGem Speed •• 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Tabac - Yaqi Robin - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS- Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

palmolive fox, Ron R, SlimGem and 5 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 2nd November

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Williams Mug soap
    RR Hawk V3- A plate
    Feather Pro ( 2 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Not a bad Shave , but am afraid that I am finding that The Claymore Evolution is better for me in terms of comfort and performance.

67C271EA-1A94-4D3B-92A4-22A881A18F0A.jpeg

palmolive fox, Ron R, SlimGem and 4 others like this.
  16. GAW9576

The Schick type F along with the Rubberset 400 with Zenith baor knot was selected for today's shave. Sterling Soaps Executive Man provided lather and Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion finished things off. Today's watch is the Casio G-Shock GW-M5610 and the knife of the day is a Spyderco Para3. The awesome prop everything is displayed on is a CNC Artifact art piece by @petesquared23. If you are not one of his 130K subscribers you should check his Instagram page out.

IMG_20221103_101816_(1250_x_1250_pixel).jpg IMG_20221103_101850_(998_x_1000_pixel).jpg

17. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

SOTD

Soap: Fine Santal Absolut
    Brush: #375 synthetic by @Jayaruh
    Razor: 3D Printed "AC Matic"
    Blade: AC Pro
    Post shave: Old Spice Classic
    20221103_205403.jpg

18. Electrif

GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  19. GAW9576

Great looking razor. Is the an injector blade version?

SlimGem likes this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, Nov4th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE head, Yaqi Milano 316 polished handle 50mm AC blade- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, interesting simple clamping system, good finish on the chrome head, affordable + stellar results 95%> of the time. Always enjoy this razor shave.
    Blade : Schick proline 50mm p30 (5)- sharp & smoooth with resonable results. Works well in this razor!
    Soap : Razorock Lavender[​IMG](discontinued[​IMG]), excellent masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. On 3rd tub!
    Brush : Yaqi "Robin"24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great splay scrubber, great lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi SE Excalibur with a Schick proline p30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!