Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221116.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    TNNSER Classic by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Classic by Tom and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Ron R, SlimGem and 5 others like this.
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

20221116_121938~2-01.jpeg
    Finally Ferox
    Ferox is one of my favorite scents all time. I had the original white jar first version, and it was the first soap I used up! When it was re-released I was unable to obtain it, so when I saw if recently I had to jump. This is also my first use of the soft heart base and it is very good. I'm still learning the Supply Pro, so I'll blame the little weepers on my technique. It was still satisfying to smell this scent once again.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Supply Pro
    Blade: Supply Black label SE
    Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
    Pre-Shave: Gentleman's Nod Jackie Beard Oil
    Lather: B-M Ferox Soft Heart
    Aftershave: B-M Ferox Balm

GAW9576, jimjo1031, Ron R and 5 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221117.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    TNNSER Classic by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Classic by Tom and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 17th November
    Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #5 - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick - Yaqi Robin - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    I do like a shave stick for lathering. Especially the tallow versions. The Wilkie stick had been on my radar, but was becoming harder to source. A fortunate trade resulted in the above.
    It lathered very easily, had a light fresh scent with excellent slickness. The shave was faultless.
    Rather pleased!!

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221118.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    TNNSER Classic by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER Classic by Tom and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  6. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Soap: AoS - Sandalwood Shaving Cream
    Brush: #375 Synthetic by @Jayaruh
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: C.V. Heljestrand - Kindal
    Aftershave: Fine - Santal Absolut
    20221118_084847-01m.jpeg

GAW9576, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  7. Electrif

That is a beauty Roger.

GAW9576, palmolive fox and SlimGem like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, November 18th, 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Yaqi Milano polished handle. Mfg 2021>, upper mild >tame mid range, simple way of clamping AC 50mm blades, affordable + stellar shaves. Very easy going carefree shave this morning with a new blade.
    Blade : Schick Proline p30 (1), sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Good blade match for this razor IMO.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice clean sweet scent(masculine) with excellent lather qualities. Also makes excellent ubber lather.
    Brush : Yaqi "Orbital ring" 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end tips boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick Proline p 30 blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, GAW9576, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

19th November 2022.

1.jpg

SlimGem, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 6 others like this.
  10. Electrif

Saturday 19th November
    Schick G1 - Schick Plus Platinum #3 - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick - Jayaruh 289 - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, Tdmsu, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 18th November

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    L’ Occitane Cade
    Schick J3- Golden Hydromagic
    NOS Schick Super Platinum ( 6 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion
    Always get a good Shave with this Razor, especially when fitted with an NOS Dutch blade.

B2119B0C-CB52-4DF6-9896-339708A5A66F.jpeg

SlimGem, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 7 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221119.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, GAW9576, Tdmsu and 5 others like this.
  13. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

That's an awesome-looking handle on that Schick, Arthur!

GAW9576, Ron R and Jayaruh like this.
  14. Electrif

Thanks Roger.
    A Jim Roe special.

GAW9576, Jayaruh and SlimGem like this.
  15. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Sunday 11.20.22
    RAZOR: Rocnel SE50 2021
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: AKA Brushworx 26mm G5C Milky Way Handle
    LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap

palmolive fox, SlimGem, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221120.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #292 Badger
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Old Spice Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

palmolive fox, SlimGem, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, November 20, 2022

Razor : Schick injector E2, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, excellent mid range, light weight 1 OZ, my favorite Schick mostly, it still demands a light touch when using injector blades. I'm testing the Subie stack of using 2 X 1/2 DE blades placed together in this razor. Results are good for trying something different. Some risk involved of cutting fingers and handling.
    Blade : Modified Personna red 2 X 1/2 blade blades stacked together (6), sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Very surprized shave results.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream- nice mild minty fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi High mountain silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Personna red modified to fit the Schick E type injector. Not sure this method is for folks who have regular injector blades but it does work well IMO.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

18. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a very pleasant shave with the Schick type E today. My favorite Zenith boar accompanied it.

IMG_20221120_202627_(870_x_870_pixel).jpg

palmolive fox, SlimGem, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 21st November

Cyril Salter MS. ED2BAND
    Vitos Super Red
    Schick I1
    Schick S/S Twin Japan ( 2 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A very pleasant Sunday morning Shave, the Schick I1 takes a Twin blade an delivers a great close all round finish,

823765F7-D40F-4E99-910B-C1F11C8FAF84.jpeg

20. Electrif

Monday 21st November
    InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Proline B #1 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Zenith 507 - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    I was recently gifted a number of 3D printed razors from Roger Quintero aka @SlimGem . They are all his 3D designs and prints.
    The InjecTR v1 is the first of my set of shaves where I can show them off.
    The blade loading design is the same as this AC version. Of which I'll be shaving soon.

What a sweet shave that was. The Novus Spice worked exceptionally well today after lathering in my Giles scuttle. The scent was wonderful.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.