Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 15th December

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Hiram Commander
    Schick Proline ( 5 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Always get a good Shave with this Razor, which is a good replacement for my King Cobra.

02B5915F-179A-4AC8-9F24-5AE0FB7334D4.jpeg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221216.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Shaving Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #18
    3D GemTR v1 Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

The Colgate Shaving Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D GemTR v1 Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, December 16th

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC, Yaqi Milano polished handle- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, simple clamping design, small head parts(I assemble under a wash cloth), works perfect 98% of time for my beard type + a joy to use IMO.
    Blade : Schick proline p30(5) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade. Pairs well with this head.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood- nice Bayrum scent with some clove with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood [​IMG]+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline p30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

17th December 2022.

5.jpg

5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 17th December
    AC-Matic 3D - Proshave S #2 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 17th December

Simpson Chubby No1- Maggards ED2band
    Hampshire Wool Fat soap
    Occams Enoch
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Sometimes I struggle to get consistent Shaves-with The Enoch, as I cannot always get the cutting angle right. Todayfrom the off it clicked and I had a Super Shave with a Top Notch finish.

9AD4296F-D599-49F1-B821-CA348782F5E0.jpeg

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221217.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Shaving Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #18
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR

The Colgate Shaving Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD- Saturday, December 17th 2022

Razor : Gem Micromatic flying wing(AKA- MMBT, Guiding eye ,MMFW....)- Mfg 1947-50, well built, heaviest of the Micromatic variants, mildest of the 3 main Micromatics, experimenting with a Schick twin blade reversed so normal first edge becomes top making it a single edge with more blade gap & increased blade feel. A nice enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Schick Twin 2 blade(4) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, I reversed this blade so normal 1st cutter becomes top blade making it more aggressive. Limited success & shave was enjoyable.
    Soap : Speick Stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities, triple milled. I just cut some slivers off and press into bowl for creating some excellent lather.
    Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMFW with a Schick Twin II blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221218.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Colgate Shaving Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #18
    Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

The Colgate Shaving Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, December 18th 2022

Razor : Schick E2 injector Canadian variant, Mfg 1930's-40's, nice mid range, well built to last, very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE(1) sharp & smooth with great longevity, predictable.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled.
    Brush : Yaqi " Bali" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 with a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

11. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

SOTD 1909 Ever-Ready razor and my copper handle Zenith boar.

IMG_20221218_205717_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

This razor always makes me think of Star Trek. Wonderful shave :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    T&H Grafton Shaving Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    PAL Adjustable
    Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Skin Food Splash

22DAD410-1D4F-41BF-B247-C6CB771D189B.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

13. Electrif

Monday 19th December
    AC-Matic 3D - Proshave S #3 - Wickham Gothic Revival - Yaqi Red Marble - Blue Stratos AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
    [​IMG]

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221219.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #41 two-band badger
    3D Schick Type Razor
    Personna Injector PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 two-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type Razor and the Personna Injector PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, December 19th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline 2nd generation, Mfg 1949-53, excellent upper mid range, one of the best looking ASR razors in IMO with the heavy base plate. It took a while to figure this Jewel out with a RIGS >shim[​IMG]. The razor was designed with blade stops forward as close to the safety bar for aggression and efficentcy. No information on that anywhere so it was pictures and through trial and error that I figured it out. The Streamline shaves are stellar with good technique and knowing what the razor is designed to accomplish IMO. I like to use my Streamline near 6-10 shaves on the blade for excellent results mostly giving my other ASR razors a chance in rotation. Great razor + great shave this morning!
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Gillette Pure Cream- nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Make excellent ubber lather also.
    Brush : Yaqi "Black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, this brush got me on the Yaqi brand years ago. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready Streamline 2nd Gen with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221220.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Personna Injector PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 two-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type Razor and the Personna Injector PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, brit and 4 others like this.
  17. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Tabac Tuesday with a Schick type L and a custom boar brush.

IMG_20221220_204439_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 20th December

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Oren- 3 dot
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

I always get a comfortable Shave with this odd looking Razor, and provided you use a light no pressure technique one can get a great close all round finish.

6B187CE7-8449-4684-8AF3-A90709969A2B.jpeg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
  19. Electrif

Wednesday 21st December
    Claymore Evo - Proshave S #4 - Monsavon au lait - Alpha T400 - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221221.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    3D Schick Type Razor
    Personna Injector PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 two-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type Razor and the Personna Injector PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Iced Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, MPF9, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.