Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos221227.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger
    3D Schick Type OC Razor
    Schick Plus Platinum Injector blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type OC Razor and the Schick Plus Platinum Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, SlimGem, palmolive fox and 5 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, December 27th 2022

Razor : Star bar #4 lather catcher, Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, Well designed and built to last many generations with some care. This is one of the best shaves a person can get with a new blade IMO. It just was made perfect for my shaving needs. If a person gets a chance to find one "buy it" is my advice + it looks beautiful also!
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : La Toja stick, very mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi " Sagrada Familia" 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, great splay scrubber, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star Bar #4 lather catcher with a coated Gem blade.

[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

brit, SlimGem, palmolive fox and 5 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221228.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    3D Schick Type OC Razor
    CWR
    Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type OC Razor and the Schick Plus Platinum Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, SlimGem, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  4. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a great shave this morning with the Henckels Rapides razor and my new soap and brush from The Razor Company.

IMG_20221228_202551_(980_x_980_pixel).jpg

brit, SlimGem, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 29th December
    Ever Ready 1912 [​IMG] - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Arran Lochranza - Yaqi Robin - Cien X-Bolt - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Aesthetically, I really love this 1912.

ischiapp, brit, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221229.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    3D Schick Type OC Razor
    CWR

The Arko Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type OC Razor and the Schick Plus Platinum Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

ischiapp, brit, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 29th December
    RR Plissoft Syn
    L’ Occitane Cade soap
    RR Hawk V3 - A plate
    Feather Pro ( 3 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

A rather uncomfortable Shave today in a Combo which is normally good, maybe not so good at dealing with 3 days of growth .

8A69F33B-E8A5-4838-AC23-75EC5613B7AE.jpeg

brit, GAW9576, SlimGem and 4 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221230.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    3D Schick Type OC Razor
    CWR

The Arko Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 3D Schick Type OC Razor and the Schick Plus Platinum Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, GAW9576, SlimGem and 4 others like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, December 30th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, simple clamping system, small head parts. It works well for myself about 95%+ of the time shaving. Results are great and very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Schick proline p30(1) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a 50mm blade.
    Soap : Tabac, flowery fresh scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 24mm Mew knot synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi SE Excalibur with a Proline p30 blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MPF9, brit, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  10. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

31st December 2022.

1.jpg

Ron R, brit, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  11. Electrif

Saturday 31st December
    Ever Ready 1914 - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - OSP Fougere - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Ron R, MPF9, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos221231.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR

The Arko Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

Today's episode has been brought to you by the number 66. Schick 66 that is and Route 66. I have a route 66 mug a route 66 brush and I drove on Michigan's route 66 today.
    Happy shaves everyone and Happy new year to boot.

IMG_20221231_232715_(960_x_959_pixel).jpg

Herm2502, Ron R, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Cool brush!

Ron R, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  15. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230101.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Arko Shave Stick
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    J.A. Henckels Wedge
    CWR

The Arko Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Finest Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher and the J.A. Henckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva 5 in 1 After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Ron R, MPF9, ischiapp and 3 others like this.
  17. GAW9576

Thank you. It's a Fluffy Imd. Brush made from copper plumbing parts. It has a strong magnet in the base to hang it up when not in use, which is a very cool feature. It was a gift from Fluffy.

Ron R and Enrico like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 1st January

Happy New Year to All

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Wool Fat soap
    RR Hawk V3- A plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

A fresh blade in The Hawk made up for a poor shave with it last time out. Quite surprised that the FP was below par on only its 3rd use.

81BF2605-21CC-42C5-89A4-5362E9EE5578.jpeg

GAW9576, palmolive fox, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  19. Electrif

Monday 2nd January
    Schick style Injector OC 3D - Personna Stainless Coated #1 - Lea Stick - RazoRock Plissoft - Williams Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel - Bespoke Caramel, Amber & Cashmere EDP
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230102.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    Schick M Adjustable
    Personna Injector Blade
    Osage Rub

The Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and the Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.