Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, December 2nd 2023

Razor : Gem Push button- Mfg 1958-65, tame mid range, it sure shaves good with a new blade and this is one of the best looking Gem razors other than the Gem Lather catchers. I enjoy this razor and the results are stellar this morning. Good razor to break in a new blade.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "High mountain" 24mm silvertip badger excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem push button razor with a coated Gem blade.(It does not get much better a shave then this for myself!)
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

brit, PLANofMAN, gorgo2 and 7 others like this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yesterday's evening shave :

Prep: shower
    Razor : Schick L
    Blade : Schick II double blade (new blade)
    Shaving oil: Floïd
    Nice and comfy 3-pass BBS shower shave.

Lately the Schick L is my go-to razor. Never a fuss, blindly BBS (or close to BBS) shower shaves using homemade shaving oil.

Up till now with a single blade, but now I opted for a double blade. Smooth!

brit, gorgo2, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230103.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    Schick M Adjustable
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and the Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, MPF9, palmolive fox and 5 others like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, January 3rd 2023

Razor: Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58, tame mid range, well built to last with some care, it has a excellent coating of chrome for longevity IMO, first razor I used in the Gem brand and have never looked back at excellence in shaving. Stellar shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Barber pole" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless). Razorock XXX Edt.
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

brit, MPF9, palmolive fox and 5 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 4th January
    Schick style Injector OC 3D - Personna Stainless Coated #2 - Speick Stick - Yaqi Moka Express - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel - Bespoke Sweet Spice & Sandalwood EDP
    [​IMG]

Ron R, brit, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230104.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    Schick M Adjustable
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger After Shave

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and the Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Yesterday's shave was the first shave of 2023 for me. I went with the Pal adjustable and an Omega boar brush. Mer Shaving Orange Fougère donkeys milk soap is a great soap. Such an amazing scent. And Aqua Velva lotion is a great finish to a shave.

IMG_20230104_152138_(1490_x_1488_pixel).jpg

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

ER 1924/Gem stainless
    A nice bar soap, brush lathered

3 days growth, 2 pass bbs

Alum witch hazel, then Lucky Tiger lotion, my regular post shave treatment

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230105.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    La Toja Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #188
    Schick M Adjustable
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger After Shave

The La Toja Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and the Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, Ron R, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. Electrif

Friday 6th January
    InjecTR v1 3D - Personna Stainless Coated #3 - Palmolive Stick - Yaqi Ever-Helpful - Lacoste Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230106.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    La Toja Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #188
    Schick M Adjustable
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger After Shave

The La Toja Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Schick M Adjustable and the Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

7th January 2023.

1.jpg

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230107.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    La Toja Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #188
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger After Shave

The La Toja Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, palmolive fox, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 7th January

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 3 )
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Glad to be having a Shave back at Home, as I find the light / mirror set up at my Sister in Laws house not the best for Shaves. No problems today as a few days growth cleared very effectively, with a great close all round.

914E84D1-6E7B-4B1A-9F5E-C53F7FCB9FF0.jpeg

palmolive fox, GAW9576, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  15. Electrif

Sunday 8th January
    InjecTR v1 3D - Personna Stainless Coated #4 - Wilkinson Sword Stick - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel - Artiscent Cedar Blanc EDP
    [​IMG]

palmolive fox, GAW9576, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230108.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    La Toja Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #188
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lucky Tiger After Shave

The La Toja Shave Stick lathered well with the Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lucky Tiger After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

palmolive fox, GAW9576, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230109.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #199
    Enders Speed Shaver
    Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Enders Speed Shaver and the Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade
    gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, palmolive fox, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, January 9th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready 1912, Mfg 1936-55 England, excellent mid range, very well designed razor and built to last with some care, very smooth this morning for a stellar shave. Very enjoyable shaves of lately with all my razors it seems!
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Classic, nice sweet almond & cherry scent with excellent lather qualities. Very nice soap + affordable.
    Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber, great lather painter. With the 22mm HD knot with a slightly shorter loft with this badger, might be ideally designed for the person who really enjoys the scrub but with no scritch. Very enjoyable brush to use this morning for a nice change.
    Post shave : Italian barber(Razorock) Amici[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent stellar shave with my Ever-Ready 1912 with a coated Gem blade. (It does not get much better a shave for myself.)
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

MPF9, palmolive fox, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  19. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Today I went with my Frankensteined Gem Micromatic flying wing/Clog-pruf peerless. This razor is a fun one. I made it from rescued parts from several broken razors. The guard bar is worn quite a bit and it seems a bit more aggressive than my regular Clog-pruf peerless.

IMG_20230109_211332_(1050_x_1050_pixel).jpg

Ron R, MPF9, Electrif and 2 others like this.
  20. Electrif

Tuesday 10th January
    General Aluminium - Proshave S #1 - Vitos Red Super - Cadman Custom - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel

[​IMG]

GAW9576, ischiapp, Ron R and 2 others like this.