Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230110.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #199
    Enders Speed Shaver
    Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Enders Speed Shaver and the Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, MPF9, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, January 10th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready 1914, Mfg 1914-17, mid range, similar way of loading blades like the ASR 1912 models but blade tensioner spring is slightly different configured, well built. Excellent audio feedback while shaving, one of my favorite ASR razors and very enjoyable shave.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Emperor(new addition), nice scented soap but Emperor aftershave is very good(Creed Aventis cloned?) + excellent lather qualities. Very happy with the Razorock line of soaps & splashes mostly + affordable.
    Brush : Yaqi "mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very nice brush handle + enjoyable experience.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor[​IMG] splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    Did a good job considering I had a very close shave yesterday, I thought maybe match results, but almost as close.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

brit, MPF9, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 10th January

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 4 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion
    A nice freshen up Shave and Shower today, as off to see Practice Nurse about my medication.

BDDB047F-716A-4E83-9274-331443669211.jpeg

Ron R, Electrif, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230111.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #199
    Enders Speed Shaver
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Enders Speed Shaver and the Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, brit, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 12th January
    General Steel - Proshave S #2 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Jayaruh 289 - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel - Bespoke Sweet Spice & Sandalwood
    [​IMG]

brit, MPF9, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230112.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red Sandalwood Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #199
    Enders Speed Shaver
    CWR

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Enders Speed Shaver and the Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  7. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

brit, palmolive fox, Electrif and 3 others like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 12th January

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 5 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Taking a break from the rotation and sticking with The Evo, as I am quite happy to settle for a hassle free quality Shave rather than ringing the changes.

9787C932-F05F-4E47-BD69-B03BA8140466.jpeg

brit, palmolive fox, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230113.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh #199
    Enders Speed Shaver
    CWR

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Enders Speed Shaver and the Schick Proline B-20 Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, brit, palmolive fox and 3 others like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, January 13th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur with a Yaqi Milano handle, SE 50mm AC -Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple blade clamping system, small head parts. I really enjoy using this razor and it gives stellar shaves 95% of the time. Daily driver for some folks IMO.
    Blade : Schick proline p30(3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice fresh minty lavender with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites, lavender soaps are just awesome for skin protection is what I think and relaxing also known.
    Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm high mountain silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, very nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper =[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with Milano handle with a Schick proline. Very enjoyable shave this morning even half asleep.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

MPF9, brit, palmolive fox and 3 others like this.
  11. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

14th January 2023.

1.jpg

MPF9, Ron R, Electrif and 2 others like this.
  12. Electrif

Saturday 14th January
    General Brass - Proshave S #3 - Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood - Yaqi Robin - Brut Attraction Totale - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

MPF9, Ron R, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230114.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh #199
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector Razor and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, Ron R, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  14. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Can you guess my favorite color. I had an excellent shave today with the Ever-Ready 1914 aka Little Leather Catcher. The Zenith Boar whipped up a great Lather of A&Es The Novelist. And of course the Novelist after shave was a perfect finish to this shave. Today's watch and EDC knife are the G-shock GDF-100BB and the Spyderco Para 3

IMG_20230115_000600_(1370_x_1370_pixel).jpg

MPF9, Ron R, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230115.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Jayaruh #199
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star LC
    Star Wedge
    CWR

The Proraso Red Sandalwood Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #199 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher and the Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, Electrif, MPF9 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, January 15th 2023.

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant - Mfg 1930's-40's, mid aggressive, Built to last and is one of the better injectors I enjoy. 1 OZ weight. Great & enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (2) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian sandalwood, nice herbal sandalwood scent + excellent lather qualities. One of the nicest Sandalwoods IMO.
    Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm silvertip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of Geo F Trumper sandalwood skin food, mild scent and works well.
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

palmolive fox, GAW9576, MPF9 and 2 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Monday 16th January
    Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Haslinger Honig - Yaqi Moka Express - Benjamin's Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

palmolive fox, Ron R, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 15th January

Stirling Syn 26mm
    Officina Artigiana
    ES Claymore V1
    Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 7 )
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion
    Have got rid of most of my heavyweight AC/SE Razors apart from this original Claymore, which actually does provide a decent Shave.Today perhaps pushed it a bit, as 3 days growth on an aging blade is a tall order. However, no mishaps and not too bad a finish attained.

73B6135E-94FA-4A45-87BC-F3CFC53AF807.jpeg

palmolive fox, Ron R, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230116.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #424
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem Damaskeene OC Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, January 16th, 2023

Razor : Micromatic Clog Pruf (peerless model), Mfg 1945-46, mid range, well built (all brass)to last generations with some care, very enjoyable close shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, nice rich herbal sandal wood cream with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Barber pole"24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. Great handle + very enjoyable brush!
    Post shave : Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Geo F Trumper sandal wood skin food.
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

palmolive fox, MPF9, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.