Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #414 Silvertip Badger
    AutoStrop A1
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #414 Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A1 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Ron R, brit and 6 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 5th August

The Grosvenor- 404 mixed
    Lea Classic soap
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 3 ]
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A change of Razor today but one also fitted with the Kai guarded blade. I really like the Raster fitted with a larger non stock handle, it handles very nicely and I had a really comfortable Shave, if anything the closeness of finish was slightly better than the one with the Occams Enoch yesterday.

IMG_1586.jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  3. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Something a little different. The GD 208 has been honed and is out for return delivery. Until then, my beloved SE Valet Auto Strop Model "C" did yeoman's duty with double pass shaves. I used the Feather carbon steel blade, rather than the usual coated SS steel blade to test out the Auto Strop Feature with the original (but rehabilitated) strop. The fist thing I noticed is that the carbon blade is not as "slippery" as the coated SS blade-more pressure is required. Also, maybe it is not as sharp as when the SS blade is fresh. I would say it feels a lot like the SS blade after two shaves. But, here is where things get interesting. The carbon steel blade does not seem to degrade after that with the stropping. Only maybe a half dozen laps are required. Now, granted I am maybe only on my sixth or seventh shave with this blade but it feels no different than when it was fresh.

WIN_20210805_17_29_10_ProResized.jpg

I think I will continue this experiment after the GD 208 arrives just to see how things feel after one dozen shaves. BTW, the results are excellent and with no weepers. I always got a weeper with a fresh Feather SS blade. Used my A&E Kaizen soap (a dissapointment) with my indefatigable Semogue 1305 brush and antique ceramic scuttle. Finished off with a generous splash of the luxurious Clubman Classic in the 12.5 oz bottle.

Watch out ladies!

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 6th August
    Yaqi Moka Express - Speick - Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #9 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Tedolph and 6 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Fri Aug 6th 2021

Razor: Yaqi AC 50mm Excalibur- Mfg 2021, excellent tame mid range, well built, hard to install and remove blades because every thing is so small IMO(Big fingers [​IMG] ). I do enjoy using this razor and receive DFS++ shaves usually.
    Blade: Kai 50 mm protouch, interesting blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Carefree shaves with it.
    Soap: Razorock Blue barber "What the puck" series- nice scent, with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur & Kai Protouch.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 7th August

Stirling Syn.26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Yaqi Raster V2 & Ikon Handle
    KAi CT Protouch MG [ 4 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

I used the Yaqi Raster SE again today, I must say that all my shave with it so far have been excellent. Like @Ron R I am using a Kai guarded blade, which guarantees me a trouble free Shave and a Top Notch Finish. Have heard that the promised new version will not have a standard handle fixing, but will retain the half screw fixing which may increase the possibility of cross threading when changing blades.

IMG_1587.jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 4 others like this.
  7. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a great shave this morning with the Schick Golden 500. It's a fantastic razor. It just has one small issue, the handle is a bit slick in spite of the grooves.

IMG_07082021_174941_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Here is my quick and easy salutation. It's only elegant in its simplicity and the fact that it's not modifying the handle permanently. It only takes a few seconds to put on pre-shave and a few seconds to remove after for storage between shaves.

IMG_07082021_175108_(870_x_870_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 5 others like this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Might have a look around for a silicone or neoprene sleeve, like the ones sold for better grip on pens and pencils?

GAW9576 likes this.
  9. GAW9576

I was looking at those online and will most likely pick some up when I find some I like the look of. This rubber band happened to be laying around when I was reading to shave.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. GAW9576

Something like this might do the trick too.

IMG_07082021_222352_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Oh yes! Those look good!

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 8th August
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Eucalyptus, TeaTree & Menthol - Ever Ready 1924 - Gem Stainless Coated #10 - Electrif's Lementhol A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 5 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 8th August

Cyril Salter / MS Ed2band
    Officina Artigiana soap
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 5 ]
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

It has to be the weekend when I bring out this Soap/AS , makes for a pleasant no rush Shave. This is some Razor /Blade combo which Shaves up a storm.

IMG_1588.jpg

Herm2502, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  14. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

What does the AS smell like. How is the performance/post shave feel?

GAW9576 likes this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sorry not good on scents, but it is pleasant and feels good on the face and is quite long lasting.

Tedolph and GAW9576 like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool.love the pics..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. GAW9576

Thank you. Any model cars in the works?

brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

none at present .paint curing on a 67 gtx..:eatdrink047:

IAmTheJody and GAW9576 like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Aug 8th 2021, Closing day of the 2020 or 2021 Tokyo Japan Olympics and thought it would be a good time to use my Schick injector, theme type Champions, Schick was a sponsor of the 1976 Montreal Canada Olympics when they still had a niche spot for injectors in the shaving world. This razor could of been designed for the Schick Twin II blade & works very well with this blade.

Razor: Schick injector L theme type Champions- offered during the 1976 Montreal Olympics, excellent simple design.
    Blade: Schick twin II blade, excellent blade for daily shavers, the Birth of cartridge razors came from these blades IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Sant Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco Vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger(Finest), Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick injector L type with a Twin II blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

KenBB, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 7 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #423
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #423 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.